Welcome to The Week's "What Next?" contest, an invitation to test your powers of imagination with challenges inspired by current events.
Last week's question: Celebrity-endorsed perfumes — including Lady Gaga's "Fame" and Justin Bieber's "Girlfriend" — are the hot new thing. We asked you to pick a celebrity and name a perfume for him or her sure to sell like hotcakes.
THE WINNER: Clint Eastwood "Chairish"
Pierre R. Hart, Etowah, N.C.
SECOND PLACE: Mick Jagger "Old Spice"
Leon M. Birk, Paynesville, Minn.
THIRD PLACE: Lindsay Lohan "Intoxicating"
Mark Weaver, Redondo Beach, Calif.
Taylor Swift "Boyfriend(s)"
Susan Hargett, Madisonville, Tenn.
Kate Middleton "Royal Air"
Nancy Flango, Pennington, N.J.
Lance Armstrong's "Betrayal"
Marsha Einhorn, New York
John Boehner "Tears"
Gale Davis, Pasadena, Calif.
Jennifer Lawrence "Hunger"
Kimala Rayworth, Las Vegas
Eliot Spitzer "Client No. 9"
Katherine Licopoli, Fort Myers, Fla.
Harry Reid "Obstruction"
John Smigelsky, Matawan, N.J.
Heddy Lamarr "Hedstrong"
Betsy Rees, St. Pete Beach, Fla.
Manti Te'o "Imagine"
Eric Stager, York, Pa.
Zooey Deschanel No. 5
Wes Edens, Glendale, Ariz.
Charlie Sheen "Winning"
Gary Sweeten, Phoenix
Wayne LaPierre "Gunsmoke"
Chet Frankenfield, Palo Alto, Calif.
Serena Williams "Love"
Brian Finglass, Owings Mills, Md.
David Petraeus "Indiscreet"
Kristen Pechan, College Station, Texas
John McAfee "Escape"
Tom Swift, Agoura Hills, Calif.
Kathryn Bigelow "Torture"
Matthew Klein, Albany, N.Y.
Capt. Francesco Schettino "No Regrets"
Mike & Heather Higgins, Orlando
Honey Boo Boo "Tantrum"
William Botha, Redondo Beach, Calif.
Tom Cruise "Clear"
DJ Pickering, Royal Oak, Mich.
Carley Rae Jepsen "Smell Me Maybe"
Mark Rothschild, Wilmette, Ill.
Kurt Vonnegut "Pheromone 451"
Graham Robinson, Ardmore, Pa.
Kurt Cobain "Teen Spirit"
Ken Clubok, Bexley, Ohio
Ryan Gosling "Hey Girl"
JoAnne Coakley, Las Cruces, N.M.
Jodie Foster "Revelation"
Bruce McDonald, Odenton, Md.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The week's best photojournalism
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- 10 things you need to know today: November 28, 2014
Subscribe to the Week