Welcome to The Week's "What Next?" contest, an invitation to test your powers of imagination with challenges inspired by current events.
Last week's question: Celebrity-endorsed perfumes — including Lady Gaga's "Fame" and Justin Bieber's "Girlfriend" — are the hot new thing. We asked you to pick a celebrity and name a perfume for him or her sure to sell like hotcakes.
THE WINNER: Clint Eastwood "Chairish"
Pierre R. Hart, Etowah, N.C.
SECOND PLACE: Mick Jagger "Old Spice"
Leon M. Birk, Paynesville, Minn.
THIRD PLACE: Lindsay Lohan "Intoxicating"
Mark Weaver, Redondo Beach, Calif.
Taylor Swift "Boyfriend(s)"
Susan Hargett, Madisonville, Tenn.
Kate Middleton "Royal Air"
Nancy Flango, Pennington, N.J.
Lance Armstrong's "Betrayal"
Marsha Einhorn, New York
John Boehner "Tears"
Gale Davis, Pasadena, Calif.
Jennifer Lawrence "Hunger"
Kimala Rayworth, Las Vegas
Eliot Spitzer "Client No. 9"
Katherine Licopoli, Fort Myers, Fla.
Harry Reid "Obstruction"
John Smigelsky, Matawan, N.J.
Heddy Lamarr "Hedstrong"
Betsy Rees, St. Pete Beach, Fla.
Manti Te'o "Imagine"
Eric Stager, York, Pa.
Zooey Deschanel No. 5
Wes Edens, Glendale, Ariz.
Charlie Sheen "Winning"
Gary Sweeten, Phoenix
Wayne LaPierre "Gunsmoke"
Chet Frankenfield, Palo Alto, Calif.
Serena Williams "Love"
Brian Finglass, Owings Mills, Md.
David Petraeus "Indiscreet"
Kristen Pechan, College Station, Texas
John McAfee "Escape"
Tom Swift, Agoura Hills, Calif.
Kathryn Bigelow "Torture"
Matthew Klein, Albany, N.Y.
Capt. Francesco Schettino "No Regrets"
Mike & Heather Higgins, Orlando
Honey Boo Boo "Tantrum"
William Botha, Redondo Beach, Calif.
Tom Cruise "Clear"
DJ Pickering, Royal Oak, Mich.
Carley Rae Jepsen "Smell Me Maybe"
Mark Rothschild, Wilmette, Ill.
Kurt Vonnegut "Pheromone 451"
Graham Robinson, Ardmore, Pa.
Kurt Cobain "Teen Spirit"
Ken Clubok, Bexley, Ohio
Ryan Gosling "Hey Girl"
JoAnne Coakley, Las Cruces, N.M.
Jodie Foster "Revelation"
Bruce McDonald, Odenton, Md.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- 10 things you need to know today: November 21, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The slippery slope of Twitter's attempts to stop harassment against women
- What could happen if the Supreme Court rules against ObamaCare
Subscribe to the Week