Welcome to The Week's "What Next?" contest, an invitation to test your powers of imagination with challenges inspired by current events.
Last week's question: Celebrity-endorsed perfumes — including Lady Gaga's "Fame" and Justin Bieber's "Girlfriend" — are the hot new thing. We asked you to pick a celebrity and name a perfume for him or her sure to sell like hotcakes.
THE WINNER: Clint Eastwood "Chairish"
Pierre R. Hart, Etowah, N.C.
SECOND PLACE: Mick Jagger "Old Spice"
Leon M. Birk, Paynesville, Minn.
THIRD PLACE: Lindsay Lohan "Intoxicating"
Mark Weaver, Redondo Beach, Calif.
Taylor Swift "Boyfriend(s)"
Susan Hargett, Madisonville, Tenn.
Kate Middleton "Royal Air"
Nancy Flango, Pennington, N.J.
Lance Armstrong's "Betrayal"
Marsha Einhorn, New York
John Boehner "Tears"
Gale Davis, Pasadena, Calif.
Jennifer Lawrence "Hunger"
Kimala Rayworth, Las Vegas
Eliot Spitzer "Client No. 9"
Katherine Licopoli, Fort Myers, Fla.
Harry Reid "Obstruction"
John Smigelsky, Matawan, N.J.
Heddy Lamarr "Hedstrong"
Betsy Rees, St. Pete Beach, Fla.
Manti Te'o "Imagine"
Eric Stager, York, Pa.
Zooey Deschanel No. 5
Wes Edens, Glendale, Ariz.
Charlie Sheen "Winning"
Gary Sweeten, Phoenix
Wayne LaPierre "Gunsmoke"
Chet Frankenfield, Palo Alto, Calif.
Serena Williams "Love"
Brian Finglass, Owings Mills, Md.
David Petraeus "Indiscreet"
Kristen Pechan, College Station, Texas
John McAfee "Escape"
Tom Swift, Agoura Hills, Calif.
Kathryn Bigelow "Torture"
Matthew Klein, Albany, N.Y.
Capt. Francesco Schettino "No Regrets"
Mike & Heather Higgins, Orlando
Honey Boo Boo "Tantrum"
William Botha, Redondo Beach, Calif.
Tom Cruise "Clear"
DJ Pickering, Royal Oak, Mich.
Carley Rae Jepsen "Smell Me Maybe"
Mark Rothschild, Wilmette, Ill.
Kurt Vonnegut "Pheromone 451"
Graham Robinson, Ardmore, Pa.
Kurt Cobain "Teen Spirit"
Ken Clubok, Bexley, Ohio
Ryan Gosling "Hey Girl"
JoAnne Coakley, Las Cruces, N.M.
Jodie Foster "Revelation"
Bruce McDonald, Odenton, Md.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Fall film guide: All the movies you should see in October
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- The dumb war in Syria will haunt Democrats' 2014 prospects
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
Subscribe to the Week