Dubai isn't exactly known for understated beauty. So it's fitting that the city with the world's tallest building would honor its glory by releasing a dizzyingly beautiful, high-definition, interactive panorama shot from the top of the 2,722-foot tall building. The 2.6 GB image, which was released to (appropriately) publicize the world's most lucrative photography award, was composed of 70 separate photos shot by Dubai-based photographer Gerald Donovan. Take a look at Dubai in all its glory, or pretend you have the view that Tom Cruise enjoyed during that famous scene in Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol, by checking out the panorama here.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Rise of the machines
- 10 things you need to know today: October 20, 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- It's time to kill school picture day
- Why you should absolutely watch this confounding, wonderful World Series
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
Subscribe to the Week