Dubai isn't exactly known for understated beauty. So it's fitting that the city with the world's tallest building would honor its glory by releasing a dizzyingly beautiful, high-definition, interactive panorama shot from the top of the 2,722-foot tall building. The 2.6 GB image, which was released to (appropriately) publicize the world's most lucrative photography award, was composed of 70 separate photos shot by Dubai-based photographer Gerald Donovan. Take a look at Dubai in all its glory, or pretend you have the view that Tom Cruise enjoyed during that famous scene in Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol, by checking out the panorama here.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- The 6-year-old who woke up from a coma with a different personality
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- How Community's Dean Pelton broke new ground for sexual politics on television
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
Subscribe to the Week