Dubai isn't exactly known for understated beauty. So it's fitting that the city with the world's tallest building would honor its glory by releasing a dizzyingly beautiful, high-definition, interactive panorama shot from the top of the 2,722-foot tall building. The 2.6 GB image, which was released to (appropriately) publicize the world's most lucrative photography award, was composed of 70 separate photos shot by Dubai-based photographer Gerald Donovan. Take a look at Dubai in all its glory, or pretend you have the view that Tom Cruise enjoyed during that famous scene in Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol, by checking out the panorama here.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
- Your weekly streaming recommendation: The One I Love
Subscribe to the Week