Last night's joint 60 Minutes interview of President Obama and Hillary Clinton was extraordinary.
As First Read notes, President Obama made clear he wanted to thank Clinton for being his secretary of state but was especially grateful that she accepted and kept the Democratic Party united during his first term.
But what really made last night's friendliness remarkable is how unfriendly the two politicians were just a few short years ago.
Here are 5 examples:
1. "You're likable enough, Hillary."
2. Hillary Clinton's "3 a.m." advertisement
3. Obama turns away from Clinton
4. "Shame on you, Barack Obama."
5. Obama compares Clinton to George W. Bush on Meet the Press
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- Hey, grammar nerds! Stop freaking out about 'alot.'
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- The keys to succeeding with a job recruiter
Subscribe to the Week