Last night's joint 60 Minutes interview of President Obama and Hillary Clinton was extraordinary.
As First Read notes, President Obama made clear he wanted to thank Clinton for being his secretary of state but was especially grateful that she accepted and kept the Democratic Party united during his first term.
But what really made last night's friendliness remarkable is how unfriendly the two politicians were just a few short years ago.
Here are 5 examples:
1. "You're likable enough, Hillary."
2. Hillary Clinton's "3 a.m." advertisement
3. Obama turns away from Clinton
4. "Shame on you, Barack Obama."
5. Obama compares Clinton to George W. Bush on Meet the Press
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why charity can't solve society's deepest problems
- The safest seats are at the back of the plane — and 5 other surprising facts about airline crashes
Subscribe to the Week