5 moments when Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton weren't so friendly
Last night's joint 60 Minutes interview of President Obama and Hillary Clinton was extraordinary.
As First Read notes, President Obama made clear he wanted to thank Clinton for being his secretary of state but was especially grateful that she accepted and kept the Democratic Party united during his first term.
But what really made last night's friendliness remarkable is how unfriendly the two politicians were just a few short years ago.
Here are 5 examples:
1. "You're likable enough, Hillary."
2. Hillary Clinton's "3 a.m." advertisement
3. Obama turns away from Clinton
4. "Shame on you, Barack Obama."
5. Obama compares Clinton to George W. Bush on Meet the Press
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why Antonin Scalia was right to defend a drug dealer
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why Mindy Kaling — not Lena Dunham — is the body positive icon of the moment
- Why we need a maximum wage
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 10 things you need to know today: April 23, 2014
Subscribe to the Week