Last night's joint 60 Minutes interview of President Obama and Hillary Clinton was extraordinary.
As First Read notes, President Obama made clear he wanted to thank Clinton for being his secretary of state but was especially grateful that she accepted and kept the Democratic Party united during his first term.
But what really made last night's friendliness remarkable is how unfriendly the two politicians were just a few short years ago.
Here are 5 examples:
1. "You're likable enough, Hillary."
2. Hillary Clinton's "3 a.m." advertisement
3. Obama turns away from Clinton
4. "Shame on you, Barack Obama."
5. Obama compares Clinton to George W. Bush on Meet the Press
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- How a drafting error could doom Obama's carbon regulations
- This simple hack for slicing cherry tomatoes will astound you
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
- Sex can't explain the culture war
- How to save Meet the Press
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
Subscribe to the Week