Last night's joint 60 Minutes interview of President Obama and Hillary Clinton was extraordinary.
As First Read notes, President Obama made clear he wanted to thank Clinton for being his secretary of state but was especially grateful that she accepted and kept the Democratic Party united during his first term.
But what really made last night's friendliness remarkable is how unfriendly the two politicians were just a few short years ago.
Here are 5 examples:
1. "You're likable enough, Hillary."
2. Hillary Clinton's "3 a.m." advertisement
3. Obama turns away from Clinton
4. "Shame on you, Barack Obama."
5. Obama compares Clinton to George W. Bush on Meet the Press
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
- 10 things you need to know today: September 21, 2014
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
Subscribe to the Week