Last night's joint 60 Minutes interview of President Obama and Hillary Clinton was extraordinary.
As First Read notes, President Obama made clear he wanted to thank Clinton for being his secretary of state but was especially grateful that she accepted and kept the Democratic Party united during his first term.
But what really made last night's friendliness remarkable is how unfriendly the two politicians were just a few short years ago.
Here are 5 examples:
1. "You're likable enough, Hillary."
2. Hillary Clinton's "3 a.m." advertisement
3. Obama turns away from Clinton
4. "Shame on you, Barack Obama."
5. Obama compares Clinton to George W. Bush on Meet the Press
- Has Snowden crossed a red line?
- The culture war is over, and conservatives lost
- The last word: He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 10 things you need to know today: June 19, 2013
- WATCH: Australia's army chief demonstrates how you address sex abuse
- The House's cold war over the IRS scandal just turned hot
- 72 years together: The couple who died holding hands
- How typeface influences the way we read and think
- What the Chinese public is saying about Edward Snowden
- WATCH: John Oliver tackles the politics of immigration reform