Time to build a second Republican Party?
The more radical conservatives who have taken over the GOP may leave moderate Republicans no other choice
Could these be the faces of the 2012 Republican presidential ticket? Many political prognosticators believe New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie could wind up being Mitt Romney's running mate.
Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Attack of the invasive species
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- How Captain America won over China
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
Subscribe to the Week