Time to build a second Republican Party?
The more radical conservatives who have taken over the GOP may leave moderate Republicans no other choice
Could these be the faces of the 2012 Republican presidential ticket? Many political prognosticators believe New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie could wind up being Mitt Romney's running mate.
Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The Obama administration's nonstop incoherence on ISIS
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- 6 super-helpful iOS8 tricks you probably don't know about
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- The European Union was supposed to end nationalism. It gave it new life instead.
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
Subscribe to the Week