1. Sarah Palin vs. Family Guy
The animated sitcom included a joke about the former governor in an episode featuring a character played by Andrea Friedman, an actress with Down's Syndrome. Friedman's character says her mother is the "former governor of Alaska." Fox News host Bill O'Reilly gave Palin the chance to respond, and both tore into the show and its creator, Seth MacFarlane, for making a joke about the special needs community. In response, Friedman accused Palin of not having a sense of humor.
2. Sarah Palin vs. Dick Cheney
The former vice president had some relatively kind words for Palin in an ABC interview, but he characterized her VP selection, overall, as a "mistake." Palin wasted no time jumping on the air to call out Cheney on Greta Van Susteren's show, noting that usually, Cheney "never misfires."
3. Sarah Palin vs. President Obama
Palin criticized the Obama administration's handling of the rise of insurgents in Libya, claiming he should offer a more specific characterization of U.S. involvement. However, this commentary stands out thanks to the word she used to characterize the situation, since it's not technically a word.
4. Sarah Palin vs. Nancy Pelosi
The Obama sdministration's surprising win at the Supreme Court over the Affordable Care Act was a blow to the Republican establishment. Palin channeled that pain through her commentary in an interview with Fox News' Sean Hannity, teeing off her attack by calling the House speaker a "dingbat."
5. Sarah Palin vs. Fox News
Palin appeared on Judge Anthony Napolitano's Fox Business News show to offer her take on the crop of ever-changing Republican primary candidates. She took the host, his guest Juan Williams, and her employer to task by characterizing the primary cycle as a horse race and loosely lumping Fox into the soulless media outlets making a constant grab for ratings.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- Can business succeed where the embargo failed in Cuba?
Subscribe to the Week