WATCH: Stephen Colbert gives the Ku Klux Klan rebranding tips
How to reach out to "today's young hipster white supremacists"
The Ku Klux Klan, with its membership rapidly declining, is attempting to mend its racist brand. One member speaking to a local Fox News team employs a bit of spin to say that the KKK isn't a hate group. "We don't hate anyone," the hooded member pleads. "We just want to see good things come to our race."
Colbert wants to help: "Saying you're not a hate group just isn't enough," he says. If you want to reach out to "today's young hipster white supremacists," ditch the flowing robes, and go for "skinny jeans and ironic T-shirts."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Surviving a plane crash
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Ted Cruz and the most cynical, despicable political stunt of the year
- Everything you need to master Chinese cooking
- Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi: The man who would be caliph
- When men who abstain from pre-marital sex get married
- The greatest sniper duel in history is a myth
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
Subscribe to the Week