WATCH: Stephen Colbert gives the Ku Klux Klan rebranding tips
How to reach out to "today's young hipster white supremacists"
The Ku Klux Klan, with its membership rapidly declining, is attempting to mend its racist brand. One member speaking to a local Fox News team employs a bit of spin to say that the KKK isn't a hate group. "We don't hate anyone," the hooded member pleads. "We just want to see good things come to our race."
Colbert wants to help: "Saying you're not a hate group just isn't enough," he says. If you want to reach out to "today's young hipster white supremacists," ditch the flowing robes, and go for "skinny jeans and ironic T-shirts."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- 10 things you need to know today: March 12, 2014
- How rain helped the Mongols conquer Asia
- Why are so many elderly Asians killing themselves?
- Here's how Iran is covering Russia's invasion of Crimea
- America's love-hate relationship with porn
- True Detective's dangerous lies about satanic ritual abuse
Subscribe to the Week