WATCH: Stephen Colbert gives the Ku Klux Klan rebranding tips
How to reach out to "today's young hipster white supremacists"
The Ku Klux Klan, with its membership rapidly declining, is attempting to mend its racist brand. One member speaking to a local Fox News team employs a bit of spin to say that the KKK isn't a hate group. "We don't hate anyone," the hooded member pleads. "We just want to see good things come to our race."
Colbert wants to help: "Saying you're not a hate group just isn't enough," he says. If you want to reach out to "today's young hipster white supremacists," ditch the flowing robes, and go for "skinny jeans and ironic T-shirts."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Yes, Republicans can impeach President Obama
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
- The NFL is terrified of the culture war
Subscribe to the Week