WATCH: Stephen Colbert gives the Ku Klux Klan rebranding tips
How to reach out to "today's young hipster white supremacists"
The Ku Klux Klan, with its membership rapidly declining, is attempting to mend its racist brand. One member speaking to a local Fox News team employs a bit of spin to say that the KKK isn't a hate group. "We don't hate anyone," the hooded member pleads. "We just want to see good things come to our race."
Colbert wants to help: "Saying you're not a hate group just isn't enough," he says. If you want to reach out to "today's young hipster white supremacists," ditch the flowing robes, and go for "skinny jeans and ironic T-shirts."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Sex can't explain the culture war
- This simple hack for slicing cherry tomatoes will astound you
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- How a drafting error could doom Obama's carbon regulations
- Stop calling the GOP the party of new ideas
Subscribe to the Week