WATCH: Stephen Colbert gives the Ku Klux Klan rebranding tips
How to reach out to "today's young hipster white supremacists"
The Ku Klux Klan, with its membership rapidly declining, is attempting to mend its racist brand. One member speaking to a local Fox News team employs a bit of spin to say that the KKK isn't a hate group. "We don't hate anyone," the hooded member pleads. "We just want to see good things come to our race."
Colbert wants to help: "Saying you're not a hate group just isn't enough," he says. If you want to reach out to "today's young hipster white supremacists," ditch the flowing robes, and go for "skinny jeans and ironic T-shirts."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Hey, grammar nerds! Stop freaking out about 'alot.'
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
Subscribe to the Week