Some people watch the Super Bowl for the game, some people watch the Super Bowl for the commercials — and this year, some will undoubtedly be watching for Beyonce. Beyonce's set is easily the most anticipated Super Bowl halftime show in years, with buzz already much louder than it was for recent, past-their-prime performers like Madonna or The Who (and the less said about The Black Eyed Peas, the better).
What can fans expect from Beyonce's halftime show, besides a renewed commitment to avoiding lip-syncing? Beyonce offers a video sneak preview for the show called "Countdown to Touchdown," which shows off the work she and her dancers are doing to the song "Countdown." Check it out:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Why isn't 'Arkansas' pronounced like 'Kansas'?
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- Internet piracy isn't killing Hollywood
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Congress' craven approach toward the war on ISIS
- Is the Christian music industry liberalizing on gay marriage?
- This 1,600-year-old Viking war game is still awesome
- How Israel's hawks intimidated and silenced the last remnants of the anti-war left
Subscribe to the Week