Some people watch the Super Bowl for the game, some people watch the Super Bowl for the commercials — and this year, some will undoubtedly be watching for Beyonce. Beyonce's set is easily the most anticipated Super Bowl halftime show in years, with buzz already much louder than it was for recent, past-their-prime performers like Madonna or The Who (and the less said about The Black Eyed Peas, the better).
What can fans expect from Beyonce's halftime show, besides a renewed commitment to avoiding lip-syncing? Beyonce offers a video sneak preview for the show called "Countdown to Touchdown," which shows off the work she and her dancers are doing to the song "Countdown." Check it out:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- The 7 best Halloween-themed editorial cartoons
- How science can help you survive scary movies
Subscribe to the Week