Some people watch the Super Bowl for the game, some people watch the Super Bowl for the commercials — and this year, some will undoubtedly be watching for Beyonce. Beyonce's set is easily the most anticipated Super Bowl halftime show in years, with buzz already much louder than it was for recent, past-their-prime performers like Madonna or The Who (and the less said about The Black Eyed Peas, the better).
What can fans expect from Beyonce's halftime show, besides a renewed commitment to avoiding lip-syncing? Beyonce offers a video sneak preview for the show called "Countdown to Touchdown," which shows off the work she and her dancers are doing to the song "Countdown." Check it out:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- China's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for war
- How I lost all my money
- The best books we read in 2014
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- The religious right isn't retreating — it's reforming
- How to save money: 12 great personal finance tips
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to wrap a present with mathematical precision (and waste less paper)
Subscribe to the Week