Some people watch the Super Bowl for the game, some people watch the Super Bowl for the commercials — and this year, some will undoubtedly be watching for Beyonce. Beyonce's set is easily the most anticipated Super Bowl halftime show in years, with buzz already much louder than it was for recent, past-their-prime performers like Madonna or The Who (and the less said about The Black Eyed Peas, the better).
What can fans expect from Beyonce's halftime show, besides a renewed commitment to avoiding lip-syncing? Beyonce offers a video sneak preview for the show called "Countdown to Touchdown," which shows off the work she and her dancers are doing to the song "Countdown." Check it out:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: November 22, 2014
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- Don't change a thing: 8 inventions that never needed updating
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
Subscribe to the Week