In a move likely calculated to put an end to all the chatter over her lip-synced performance of the National Anthem at President Obama's inauguration last week, Super Bowl halftime show performer Beyonce Knowles opened a press conference Thursday with a show-stopping rendition of the Star-Spangler Banner. Singing in front of a massive video screen that displayed an image of the American flag, Beyonce finished her performance and asked the assembled reporters, "Does anyone have any questions?" Though she admitted to lip-syncing her performance on Inauguration Day, Beyonce assured the crowd that she plans to perform live on Super Bowl Sunday. Watch Beyonce's live performance below:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- These 5 things will definitely happen after Obama moves on immigration
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- What could happen if the Supreme Court rules against ObamaCare
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- On immigration, Obama is flirting with tyranny
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The GOP's best response to Obama's immigration move: Toothless griping
- Why are newspaper comics so terrible?
- How to rescue the American family and fix the broken school system in one fell swoop
- The psychology of bribery and corruption
Subscribe to the Week