1. Marilyn Manson collapses on stage
It's generally treated as cause for alarm when a person begins compulsively vomiting — but when Marilyn Manson vomited and collapsed on stage during a concert in Saskatoon, friends and fans alike thought it was just part of his show. Gawker reports that Manson's band "initially thought Manson was faking it and played on" — in their defense, vomiting and collapsing would be a totally Marilyn Manson thing to do — before realizing that he was actually in distress. Fortunately, Manson is only battling "various flu symptoms," and plans to continue bringing his distinctive brand of music across the Great White North, where we hope he only vomits and collapses on purpose.
2. PETA didn't like Beyonce's Super Bowl outfit
Beyonce's Super Bowl halftime show got high marks from pretty much everybody — everybody, that is, except PETA. The organization criticized Beyonce's outfit, which they say was made out of "snakes, lizards, rabbits, or other animals who died painfully." E! Online helpfully counters that the costume contained no rabbits.
3. Cam Gigandet has baby, gives it even more ridiculous name than "Cam Gigandet"
Celebrity baby watch: Cam Gigandet — who is, we hasten to remind you, an actor, not an iPhone app — has a new baby son with the even crazier name Rekker Radley. People reports that the baby is the second for Gigandet and fiancee Dominique Geisendorff, who also have a daughter with the (marginally less ridiculous) name Everleigh Rae.
4. Kendall Jenner wants Kanye West/Kim Kardashian baby's name to begin with "K"
The internet has already christened the forthcoming spawn of Kim Kardashian and Kanye West "Kimye" — which is just fine with Kardashian's sister, Kendall Jenner, who hopes that the couple maintains the Kardashian family's weird tradition of giving everyone names that begin with "K." "I think it would be cute. It's a tradition," says Jenner at Entertainmentwise. Just to be safe, E! executives should probably start snapping up all the "Keeping Up With" K-name titles it can think of for the inevitable, desperate reality series.
5. Reality show starring The Wanted is on the way
And speaking of E!: That E! reality show about The Wanted that no one really wants to see is officially on the way. CinemaBlend reports that E! president Suzanne Kolb says the boy band's reality series, which is tentatively titled The Wanted Life, will "be a perfect blend of music, bromance, and superstardom." Anyone in the market for an even more irritating version of Entourage — but with British accents! — can look forward to the series' U.S. premiere in June.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Chuck Hagel was a huge mistake
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: November 24, 2014
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- House hunting: 7 stunning castles in Europe
Subscribe to the Week