On Sunday night, the 55th annual Grammy Awards aired on CBS, honoring the best artists, albums, and songs from the previous year in music while also looking ahead to what's on the horizon. So between extravagant live performances by artists like Taylor Swift, Justin Timberlake, and Frank Ocean, the show managed to find time to hand out a few awards, too. (Read a full list of winners at the official Grammy website.) Who were the biggest winners of the evening? Here, listen to 10 songs that scored big at the Grammys:
1. Record of the Year and Best Pop Duo: "Somebody That I Used To Know," Gotye with Kimbra
2. Song of the Year: "We Are Young," fun.
3. Best Pop Solo Performance: "Set Fire to the Rain," Adele
4. Best Rap/Sung Collaboration: "No Church in the Wild," Jay-Z and Kanye West with Frank Ocean
5. Best Rock Song and Best Rock Performance: "Lonely Boy," The Black Keys
6. Best Hard Rock/Metal Performance: "Love Bites (So Do I)," Halestorm
7. Best R&B Performance: "Climax," Usher
8. Best R&B Song: "Adorn," Miguel
9. Best Country Song: "Blown Away," Josh Kear and Chris Tompkins (performed by Carrie Underwood)
10. Best Rap Song and Best Rap Performance: "N*****s in Paris," Kanye West and Jay-Z
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How Ronald Reagan turned America into a nation of children
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why scientists can't kill HIV
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The crusade against Iraq War supporters has forgotten someone: Hillary Clinton
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- 8 things the world's most extraordinary survivors can teach you about resilience
Subscribe to the Week