On Sunday night, the 55th annual Grammy Awards aired on CBS, honoring the best artists, albums, and songs from the previous year in music while also looking ahead to what's on the horizon. So between extravagant live performances by artists like Taylor Swift, Justin Timberlake, and Frank Ocean, the show managed to find time to hand out a few awards, too. (Read a full list of winners at the official Grammy website.) Who were the biggest winners of the evening? Here, listen to 10 songs that scored big at the Grammys:
1. Record of the Year and Best Pop Duo: "Somebody That I Used To Know," Gotye with Kimbra
2. Song of the Year: "We Are Young," fun.
3. Best Pop Solo Performance: "Set Fire to the Rain," Adele
4. Best Rap/Sung Collaboration: "No Church in the Wild," Jay-Z and Kanye West with Frank Ocean
5. Best Rock Song and Best Rock Performance: "Lonely Boy," The Black Keys
6. Best Hard Rock/Metal Performance: "Love Bites (So Do I)," Halestorm
7. Best R&B Performance: "Climax," Usher
8. Best R&B Song: "Adorn," Miguel
9. Best Country Song: "Blown Away," Josh Kear and Chris Tompkins (performed by Carrie Underwood)
10. Best Rap Song and Best Rap Performance: "N*****s in Paris," Kanye West and Jay-Z
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How a degree from Duke University dashed my dreams of buying a home
- Half the world's population lives in these 6 countries
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Four annoying sounds you need to stop making
- The best online movies to watch this weekend
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
- 10 things you need to know today: August 23, 2014
- Inside America's crumbling infrastructure
Subscribe to the Week