WATCH: Stephen Colbert makes his pick for the next pope
The Comedy Central host doesn't care if Catholic laypeople can't actually vote for the pontiff
Stephen Colbert has spoken. After using his Papal Speculatron 7500 (beginning at the 4:40 mark in the video above) to go through a list of possible successors to Pope Benedict XVI, the Comedy Central host makes his allegiance to a particular cardinal known — extending his virtual "Colbert bump" to the clergyman, and urging "all you Catholics out there to vote for him."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Can these 4 couples really afford their dream houses?
- 10 things you need to know today: April 16, 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
- How Ukraine can fend off the Russians, in 7 simple steps
- How to make homemade marshmallow Peeps
Subscribe to the Week