WATCH: Stephen Colbert makes his pick for the next pope
The Comedy Central host doesn't care if Catholic laypeople can't actually vote for the pontiff
Stephen Colbert has spoken. After using his Papal Speculatron 7500 (beginning at the 4:40 mark in the video above) to go through a list of possible successors to Pope Benedict XVI, the Comedy Central host makes his allegiance to a particular cardinal known — extending his virtual "Colbert bump" to the clergyman, and urging "all you Catholics out there to vote for him."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
Subscribe to the Week