WATCH: Stephen Colbert makes his pick for the next pope
The Comedy Central host doesn't care if Catholic laypeople can't actually vote for the pontiff
Stephen Colbert has spoken. After using his Papal Speculatron 7500 (beginning at the 4:40 mark in the video above) to go through a list of possible successors to Pope Benedict XVI, the Comedy Central host makes his allegiance to a particular cardinal known — extending his virtual "Colbert bump" to the clergyman, and urging "all you Catholics out there to vote for him."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week