WATCH: Stephen Colbert makes his pick for the next pope
The Comedy Central host doesn't care if Catholic laypeople can't actually vote for the pontiff
Stephen Colbert has spoken. After using his Papal Speculatron 7500 (beginning at the 4:40 mark in the video above) to go through a list of possible successors to Pope Benedict XVI, the Comedy Central host makes his allegiance to a particular cardinal known — extending his virtual "Colbert bump" to the clergyman, and urging "all you Catholics out there to vote for him."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 8 tricks to surviving the holidays without gaining weight or being grouchy
Subscribe to the Week