WATCH: Stephen Colbert makes his pick for the next pope
The Comedy Central host doesn't care if Catholic laypeople can't actually vote for the pontiff
Stephen Colbert has spoken. After using his Papal Speculatron 7500 (beginning at the 4:40 mark in the video above) to go through a list of possible successors to Pope Benedict XVI, the Comedy Central host makes his allegiance to a particular cardinal known — extending his virtual "Colbert bump" to the clergyman, and urging "all you Catholics out there to vote for him."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- These real-life Rosie the Riveters changed the face of labor
- The next pandemic
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
Subscribe to the Week