WATCH: Stephen Colbert makes his pick for the next pope
The Comedy Central host doesn't care if Catholic laypeople can't actually vote for the pontiff
Stephen Colbert has spoken. After using his Papal Speculatron 7500 (beginning at the 4:40 mark in the video above) to go through a list of possible successors to Pope Benedict XVI, the Comedy Central host makes his allegiance to a particular cardinal known — extending his virtual "Colbert bump" to the clergyman, and urging "all you Catholics out there to vote for him."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Dick Cheney's America is an ugly place
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The Hobbit: A disappointing set of movies, but a worthy set of prequels
- The liberation of Barack Obama
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- America is building a Sunni army in Iraq to take on the Islamic State
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
Subscribe to the Week