It's not always easy to be single on Valentine's Day. All the restaurants are suddenly prix fixe and full of couples, all the candy is suddenly heart-shaped, and all the movie theaters are packed with lame romance movies. (Hi, Safe Haven!)
So for anyone who needs a cinematic reminder that relationships aren't all red roses and boxes of chocolates, check out MovieClips' "Anti-Valentine's Day Mash-up." Though Hollywood has dealt in both romantic comedies and romantic dramas for decades, the film industry has produced an equally rich canon of breakup movies, from Oscar-winning classics like Annie Hall and Kramer vs. Kramer to newer entries like High Fidelity and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. So if you're feeling blue this Valentine's Day, take heart — you're in good company.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The Daily Show has some fun mocking the CPAC power players
- Watch Zach Galifianakis get annoyed at President Obama on Between Two Ferns
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- 10 things you need to know today: March 11, 2014
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- Why is American internet so slow?
Subscribe to the Week