It's not always easy to be single on Valentine's Day. All the restaurants are suddenly prix fixe and full of couples, all the candy is suddenly heart-shaped, and all the movie theaters are packed with lame romance movies. (Hi, Safe Haven!)
So for anyone who needs a cinematic reminder that relationships aren't all red roses and boxes of chocolates, check out MovieClips' "Anti-Valentine's Day Mash-up." Though Hollywood has dealt in both romantic comedies and romantic dramas for decades, the film industry has produced an equally rich canon of breakup movies, from Oscar-winning classics like Annie Hall and Kramer vs. Kramer to newer entries like High Fidelity and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. So if you're feeling blue this Valentine's Day, take heart — you're in good company.
- The last telegram ever is about to be sent
- WATCH: Australia's army chief demonstrates how you address sex abuse
- The last word: He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- How typeface influences the way we read and think
- Michael Hastings, remembered
- 32 TV shows to watch in 2013 [Updated]
- Former employees say Bank of America lied to a lot of homeowners
- The 10-cent revolution: Everything you need to know about Brazil's massive protests
- 5 takeaways from Obama's sit-down with Charlie Rose
- New Snowden leak: NSA, Britain's GCHQ, eavesdropped on foreign leaders