Mother Jones reports that FreedomWorks, one of the country's most powerful Tea Party groups, made a video that featured a Hillary Clinton impersonator having oral sex with a panda. The video was meant to be screened at FreePac, a gathering of hundreds of conservatives in Dallas, Texas, in the summer of 2012. However, the idea was scrapped after several FreedomWorks staffers raised objections. According to David Corn at Mother Jones:
In one segment of the film, according to a former official who saw it, [executive vice president Adam] Brandon is seen waking from a nap at his desk. In what appears to be a dream or a nightmare, he wanders down a hallway and spots a giant panda on its knees with its head in the lap of a seated Hillary Clinton and apparently fellating the then-secretary of state. Two female interns at FreedomWorks were recruited to play the panda and Clinton. One intern wore a Hillary Clinton mask. The other wore a giant panda suit that FreedomWorks had used at protests to denounce progressives as panderers. (See here, here, and here.) Placing the panda in the video, a former FreedomWorks staffer says, was "an inside joke." [Mother Jones]
Hilarious! Dissenting staffers reportedly not only voiced concern about showing a blue video to a crowd of social conservatives, but said FreedomWorks' officials may have sexually harassed the two interns by asking them to act out a fake sex scene.
Read the entire story at Mother Jones.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The week's best photojournalism
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
Subscribe to the Week