Kevork Djansezian/Getty Images
ne of the longest and strangest Oscar seasons in recent memory draws to a close tonight with the 85th annual Academy Award ceremony – which begins on ABC starting at 8:30 p.m. (See our predictions for the Academy Awards here, and read a collection of The Week’s other Oscar-related stories below.) Will Argo fend off tough competition to win Best Picture? Will host Seth MacFarlane be a hit or a dud? Will anyone be able to pronounce Best Actress nominee Quevazhane Wallis' name correctly? (For the record: Kwah-VAN-jeh-nay.)
Join us in real time as we find out. Tonight, entertainment editor Scott Meslow and audience development manager Jess Hullinger will be here to chronicle the highlights of the 85th annual Academy Awards, starting with red carpet coverage at roughly 7:30 p.m. and continuing until the end of the show. Stay on this page for the latest updates, analysis, trivia, and humor, and tweet @TheWeek and @ScottMeslow to join the conversation:
Oscar coverage at The Week:
- How typeface influences the way we read and think
- The last word: He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- WATCH: Australia's army chief demonstrates how you address sex abuse
- The last telegram ever is about to be sent
- Michael Hastings, remembered
- What's keeping the Oakland Athletics from moving to San Jose?
- New Snowden leak: NSA, Britain's GCHQ, eavesdropped on foreign leaders
- 5 takeaways from Obama's sit-down with Charlie Rose
- 32 TV shows to watch in 2013 [Updated]
- Former employees say Bank of America lied to a lot of homeowners