Kevork Djansezian/Getty Images
One of the longest and strangest Oscar seasons in recent memory draws to a close tonight with the 85th annual Academy Award ceremony – which begins on ABC starting at 8:30 p.m. (See our predictions for the Academy Awards here, and read a collection of The Week’s other Oscar-related stories below.) Will Argo fend off tough competition to win Best Picture? Will host Seth MacFarlane be a hit or a dud? Will anyone be able to pronounce Best Actress nominee Quevazhane Wallis' name correctly? (For the record: Kwah-VAN-jeh-nay.)
Join us in real time as we find out. Tonight, entertainment editor Scott Meslow and audience development manager Jess Hullinger will be here to chronicle the highlights of the 85th annual Academy Awards, starting with red carpet coverage at roughly 7:30 p.m. and continuing until the end of the show. Stay on this page for the latest updates, analysis, trivia, and humor, and tweet @TheWeek and @ScottMeslow to join the conversation:
Oscar coverage at The Week:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- How to make corn dogs
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
Subscribe to the Week