Kevork Djansezian/Getty Images
ne of the longest and strangest Oscar seasons in recent memory draws to a close tonight with the 85th annual Academy Award ceremony – which begins on ABC starting at 8:30 p.m. (See our predictions for the Academy Awards here, and read a collection of The Week’s other Oscar-related stories below.) Will Argo fend off tough competition to win Best Picture? Will host Seth MacFarlane be a hit or a dud? Will anyone be able to pronounce Best Actress nominee Quevazhane Wallis' name correctly? (For the record: Kwah-VAN-jeh-nay.)
Join us in real time as we find out. Tonight, entertainment editor Scott Meslow and audience development manager Jess Hullinger will be here to chronicle the highlights of the 85th annual Academy Awards, starting with red carpet coverage at roughly 7:30 p.m. and continuing until the end of the show. Stay on this page for the latest updates, analysis, trivia, and humor, and tweet @TheWeek and @ScottMeslow to join the conversation:
Oscar coverage at The Week:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
Subscribe to the Week