The era of cheap airfares just ended
The US Airways/American merger will mean fewer flights, higher prices, and worse service
An American Airlines and U.S. Airways merger could give both companies a more competitive edge, but American Airlines may be jumping the gun.
John H. Clark/CORBIS
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- The Pentagon's troubled, expensive new fighter jet
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
Subscribe to the Week