Oscar acceptance speeches: Does Oprah get thanked more than God?
Crunching the numbers on a decade-plus of Academy Awards speeches
After 25 years of guests, Oprah Winfrey said goodbye on her own, addressing her loyal fans directly for an hour.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
Subscribe to the Week