Coffee is wonderful. Really, it's the fuel that powers much of America. And better yet, most cups of coffee are reasonably priced — just $1 from a Manhattan coffee cart, and perhaps $2 to $5 if you get a fancy drink from some high-end java joint. But the saucy customer in the video above decided to go absolutely bananas by ordering a Starbucks beverage that cost $47.30.
What, pray tell, does $47.30 worth of Starbucks add-ons get you? Try 48 espresso shots, a scoop of protein powder, soy milk, and enough strawberry/vanilla bean/caramel high-fructose corn syrup to feed a small stable of ponies. Safe to say this "Quadriginoctuple Frap" isn't for the faint of heart. Or anyone, really. (Via The Billfold)
- How typeface influences the way we read and think
- The culture war is over, and conservatives lost
- The FBI has purposefully — and, it says, justifiably — shot 150 Americans since 1993
- WATCH: Australia's army chief demonstrates how you address sex abuse
- The last word: He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Has Snowden crossed a red line?
- Washington has an Edward Snowden problem
- The world is way, way bigger than you
- WATCH: 41 historic demises
- Obama's plan to slash America's nuclear arsenal: The 3 biggest barriers