"What would Ryan Lochte do?"
That's the eminently pressing question that inspired the title of the Olympic swimmer's new E! reality show, which will premiere on April 21. From the looks of What Would Ryan Lochte Do?'s first teaser, it seems that when he's not in the pool prepping for 2016, America's favorite airhead athlete spends a lot of time wearing rhinestone-crusted watches, picking out shoes, and partying.
But given Lochte's "bro" persona, are we really that surprised? Clearly, E! is under no illusions about Lochte: The network is already billing WWRLD as a glimpse into the everyday life of "the self-proclaimed King of Gainesville, Fla. as he looks for love, hits the pool, and provides a gold mine of GIF opportunities along the way." Basically, the show will be ridiculous, says Terron R. Moore at Ology. "Whether you take that to mean 'awesomely ridiculous' or 'horribly ridiculous' [is] your prerogative, not ours."
Judge for yourself:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson, we don't need another dialogue on race
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The government is getting into the fact-checking business. Be very, very afraid.
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The world is on fire and neither Democrats or Republicans have a clue
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- In defense of Obama's golfing
- How Democrats might goad the GOP into shutting down the government
- A trick for better lunch sandwiches
Subscribe to the Week