Welcome to The Week's "What Next?" contest, an invitation to test your powers of imagination with challenges inspired by current events.
Last week's question: Facebook's first annual earnings report showed $1.1 billion in pretax profits, but thanks to clever accounting, the company is expected to receive a $429 million tax refund. When Mark Zuckerberg gets that check in the mail, what should he do with the windfall?
THE WINNER: Cash the check before it bounces.
Art Jenssen, Pottersville, N.J.
SECOND PLACE: Buy shares of Google.
Seymour Greenstein, Miami
THIRD PLACE: Start a company that makes things.
Edmund Conti, Raleigh, N.C.
Finally help that Nigerian prince move his money out of the country.
Chris Andrews, Middletown, Conn.
Buy Disney world.
Leslie Pooser Osei-Tutu, Rahway, N.J.
Find a good hairstylist.
Jeanette Carter, Phoenix
Share it equally with all 1 billion FB users...that's 43 cents for each of us!
John Crouse, Bethel, Conn.
Buy cashmere hoodies.
Joanne Sullivan, Maspeth, N.Y.
Purchase facial hair implants to help him look old enough to run a company.
Michael Slawski, Fairfax, Va.
Hire GE's accountants.
Lloyd Balme, Riverside, Calif.
Hoodies for the world.
Don Rowe, Westminster, Md.
Purchase an actual friend for the IRS.
Barry Cutler, Palm Desert, Calif.
Buy a suit and a tie.
Cass Hopkins, Cincinnati
Buy a hoodie factory.
Michael J. Luby, West Conshohocken, Pa.
Bail out Yahoo.
Greg Hunter, Morrisdale, Pa.
Light a cigar with it.
Conrad C. Casler, Claremont, Calif.
Click "Like" (429 million times).
Kevin Dechant, Franklin, Pa.
Build the Death Star.
Jenny Davis, Gloucester, Mass.
Buy an island with Gerard Depardieu.
Sam Yoder, Portland, Ore.
Buy a studio apartment in Manhattan.
Clark Koepke, Sykesville, Md.
Give it to me.
Cheryl Old, San Diego
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Why the government should pay every American child an allowance
Subscribe to the Week