Welcome to The Week's "What Next?" contest, an invitation to test your powers of imagination with challenges inspired by current events.
Last week's question: Facebook's first annual earnings report showed $1.1 billion in pretax profits, but thanks to clever accounting, the company is expected to receive a $429 million tax refund. When Mark Zuckerberg gets that check in the mail, what should he do with the windfall?
THE WINNER: Cash the check before it bounces.
Art Jenssen, Pottersville, N.J.
SECOND PLACE: Buy shares of Google.
Seymour Greenstein, Miami
THIRD PLACE: Start a company that makes things.
Edmund Conti, Raleigh, N.C.
Finally help that Nigerian prince move his money out of the country.
Chris Andrews, Middletown, Conn.
Buy Disney world.
Leslie Pooser Osei-Tutu, Rahway, N.J.
Find a good hairstylist.
Jeanette Carter, Phoenix
Share it equally with all 1 billion FB users...that's 43 cents for each of us!
John Crouse, Bethel, Conn.
Buy cashmere hoodies.
Joanne Sullivan, Maspeth, N.Y.
Purchase facial hair implants to help him look old enough to run a company.
Michael Slawski, Fairfax, Va.
Hire GE's accountants.
Lloyd Balme, Riverside, Calif.
Hoodies for the world.
Don Rowe, Westminster, Md.
Purchase an actual friend for the IRS.
Barry Cutler, Palm Desert, Calif.
Buy a suit and a tie.
Cass Hopkins, Cincinnati
Buy a hoodie factory.
Michael J. Luby, West Conshohocken, Pa.
Bail out Yahoo.
Greg Hunter, Morrisdale, Pa.
Light a cigar with it.
Conrad C. Casler, Claremont, Calif.
Click "Like" (429 million times).
Kevin Dechant, Franklin, Pa.
Build the Death Star.
Jenny Davis, Gloucester, Mass.
Buy an island with Gerard Depardieu.
Sam Yoder, Portland, Ore.
Buy a studio apartment in Manhattan.
Clark Koepke, Sykesville, Md.
Give it to me.
Cheryl Old, San Diego
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Why isn't 'Arkansas' pronounced like 'Kansas'?
- Internet piracy isn't killing Hollywood
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
- Is the Christian music industry liberalizing on gay marriage?
- This 1,600-year-old Viking war game is still awesome
- Congress' craven approach toward the war on ISIS
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- How Israel's hawks intimidated and silenced the last remnants of the anti-war left
Subscribe to the Week