Welcome to The Week's "What Next?" contest, an invitation to test your powers of imagination with challenges inspired by current events.
Last week's question: Facebook's first annual earnings report showed $1.1 billion in pretax profits, but thanks to clever accounting, the company is expected to receive a $429 million tax refund. When Mark Zuckerberg gets that check in the mail, what should he do with the windfall?
THE WINNER: Cash the check before it bounces.
Art Jenssen, Pottersville, N.J.
SECOND PLACE: Buy shares of Google.
Seymour Greenstein, Miami
THIRD PLACE: Start a company that makes things.
Edmund Conti, Raleigh, N.C.
Finally help that Nigerian prince move his money out of the country.
Chris Andrews, Middletown, Conn.
Buy Disney world.
Leslie Pooser Osei-Tutu, Rahway, N.J.
Find a good hairstylist.
Jeanette Carter, Phoenix
Share it equally with all 1 billion FB users...that's 43 cents for each of us!
John Crouse, Bethel, Conn.
Buy cashmere hoodies.
Joanne Sullivan, Maspeth, N.Y.
Purchase facial hair implants to help him look old enough to run a company.
Michael Slawski, Fairfax, Va.
Hire GE's accountants.
Lloyd Balme, Riverside, Calif.
Hoodies for the world.
Don Rowe, Westminster, Md.
Purchase an actual friend for the IRS.
Barry Cutler, Palm Desert, Calif.
Buy a suit and a tie.
Cass Hopkins, Cincinnati
Buy a hoodie factory.
Michael J. Luby, West Conshohocken, Pa.
Bail out Yahoo.
Greg Hunter, Morrisdale, Pa.
Light a cigar with it.
Conrad C. Casler, Claremont, Calif.
Click "Like" (429 million times).
Kevin Dechant, Franklin, Pa.
Build the Death Star.
Jenny Davis, Gloucester, Mass.
Buy an island with Gerard Depardieu.
Sam Yoder, Portland, Ore.
Buy a studio apartment in Manhattan.
Clark Koepke, Sykesville, Md.
Give it to me.
Cheryl Old, San Diego
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Dick Cheney's America is an ugly place
- The liberation of Barack Obama
- America is building a Sunni army in Iraq to take on the Islamic State
- The Hobbit: A disappointing set of movies, but a worthy set of prequels
- The age of miracles is over — even for the religious
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- George W. Bush 'ran the country like a cable network,' and other political insights from Chris Rock
Subscribe to the Week