Welcome to "What Next?", The Week's contest about current events.
Last week's question: A new study found that nearly 60 percent of the "tuna" sold in the U.S. is actually escolar, an oily fish known to cause explosive diarrhea, while "red snapper" is often other species high in mercury. In light of these findings, please come up with the name of a sushi joint that hints at what patrons are really eating.
THE WINNER: In 'n' Out Sushi
Thomas Riley, Palo Alto, Calif.
SECOND PLACE: Substitushi
Katie Maloof, Peoria Heights, Ill.
THIRD PLACE: Yudono Watsinyo Roll Sushi
Kita Murdock, Boulder
Fish and Rice
Morton Meisler, Leonia, N.J.
Richard Creason, New Cumberland, Pa.
Serena Meyer, New York City
Joanne Sullivan, Maspeth, N.Y.
Marsha Einhorn, New York City
Kathy El-Assal, Middleton, Wis.
Matthew J. Milligan, Charlottesville, Va.
Bait & Switch Sushi
Tony Pribyl, Piedmont, Calif.
The Fishy Fish Sushi Buffet
Angela DeFranco, Delmar, N.Y.
James Smith, Mill Valley, Calif.
Mercury Rising Cafe
Tom Swift, Agoura Hills, Calif.
The Red Herring
Angela D'Ambrosio, Temecula, Calif.
Eat 'n' Go
Gene Beuth, Sebring, Fla.
Fu Ling Yu's Supreme Sushi
Mary Hull, Baltimore
Mike Luby, Bryn Mawr, Pa.
Gary E. Grove, Phoenix
Ivan Kershner, Salem, S.C.
Liz Stockdill, Santa Barbara, Calif.
Fe Fi Faux Fish
Annette Entin, North Caldwell, N.J.
Sum Kana Sushi
Frank Garza, Austin
Ed Zimney, Bainbridge Island, Wash.
Wei Con Yoo Sushi Restaurant
Claude Lee, Topeka
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- A gay Mormon's complicated journey
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 10 things you need to know today: July 28, 2014
- Blame Obama and U.S. evangelicals for the persecution of Iraqi Christians
- The forgotten victims of the war in Ukraine
Subscribe to the Week