Welcome to "What Next?", The Week's contest about current events.
Last week's question: A new study found that nearly 60 percent of the "tuna" sold in the U.S. is actually escolar, an oily fish known to cause explosive diarrhea, while "red snapper" is often other species high in mercury. In light of these findings, please come up with the name of a sushi joint that hints at what patrons are really eating.
THE WINNER: In 'n' Out Sushi
Thomas Riley, Palo Alto, Calif.
SECOND PLACE: Substitushi
Katie Maloof, Peoria Heights, Ill.
THIRD PLACE: Yudono Watsinyo Roll Sushi
Kita Murdock, Boulder
Fish and Rice
Morton Meisler, Leonia, N.J.
Richard Creason, New Cumberland, Pa.
Serena Meyer, New York City
Joanne Sullivan, Maspeth, N.Y.
Marsha Einhorn, New York City
Kathy El-Assal, Middleton, Wis.
Matthew J. Milligan, Charlottesville, Va.
Bait & Switch Sushi
Tony Pribyl, Piedmont, Calif.
The Fishy Fish Sushi Buffet
Angela DeFranco, Delmar, N.Y.
James Smith, Mill Valley, Calif.
Mercury Rising Cafe
Tom Swift, Agoura Hills, Calif.
The Red Herring
Angela D'Ambrosio, Temecula, Calif.
Eat 'n' Go
Gene Beuth, Sebring, Fla.
Fu Ling Yu's Supreme Sushi
Mary Hull, Baltimore
Mike Luby, Bryn Mawr, Pa.
Gary E. Grove, Phoenix
Ivan Kershner, Salem, S.C.
Liz Stockdill, Santa Barbara, Calif.
Fe Fi Faux Fish
Annette Entin, North Caldwell, N.J.
Sum Kana Sushi
Frank Garza, Austin
Ed Zimney, Bainbridge Island, Wash.
Wei Con Yoo Sushi Restaurant
Claude Lee, Topeka
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Chuck Hagel was a huge mistake
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- Yes, the Obama administration's green loans are unprofitable. They should be.
- A brief history of the Guy Fawkes mask
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- 5 quick things you can do today to boost your creativity
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- House hunting: 7 stunning castles in Europe
Subscribe to the Week