On Saturday's nostalgia-laden episode of Saturday Night Live, Justin Timberlake — hosting SNL for the fifth time — was inducted into the "Five-Timer's Club" with the help of a few surprise guests, including Steve Martin and Tom Hanks. "In case you don't know, this is the most exclusive club in New York," Timberlake said in his opening monologue, before inviting the audience to join him on his inaugural visit to the Five-Timer's Club. Revealing how many of Timberlake's fellow Five-Timers show up to welcome him to the club would spoil the fun. But let's just say that Martin and Hanks are only the beginning:
Watch Tom Hanks' original induction into the Five-Timer's Club from a December 1990 episode of Saturday Night Live:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Feast your eyes on this beautiful linguistic family tree
- The real story behind The Conjuring and four other horror movies 'based on a true story'
Subscribe to the Week