On Saturday's nostalgia-laden episode of Saturday Night Live, Justin Timberlake — hosting SNL for the fifth time — was inducted into the "Five-Timer's Club" with the help of a few surprise guests, including Steve Martin and Tom Hanks. "In case you don't know, this is the most exclusive club in New York," Timberlake said in his opening monologue, before inviting the audience to join him on his inaugural visit to the Five-Timer's Club. Revealing how many of Timberlake's fellow Five-Timers show up to welcome him to the club would spoil the fun. But let's just say that Martin and Hanks are only the beginning:
Watch Tom Hanks' original induction into the Five-Timer's Club from a December 1990 episode of Saturday Night Live:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
When Americans banned Christmas
Subscribe to the Week