On Saturday's nostalgia-laden episode of Saturday Night Live, Justin Timberlake — hosting SNL for the fifth time — was inducted into the "Five-Timer's Club" with the help of a few surprise guests, including Steve Martin and Tom Hanks. "In case you don't know, this is the most exclusive club in New York," Timberlake said in his opening monologue, before inviting the audience to join him on his inaugural visit to the Five-Timer's Club. Revealing how many of Timberlake's fellow Five-Timers show up to welcome him to the club would spoil the fun. But let's just say that Martin and Hanks are only the beginning:
Watch Tom Hanks' original induction into the Five-Timer's Club from a December 1990 episode of Saturday Night Live:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Internet piracy isn't killing Hollywood
- Why isn't 'Arkansas' pronounced like 'Kansas'?
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
- This 1,600-year-old Viking war game is still awesome
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Congress' craven approach toward the war on ISIS
- How Israel's hawks intimidated and silenced the last remnants of the anti-war left
- Is the Christian music industry liberalizing on gay marriage?
Subscribe to the Week