On Saturday's nostalgia-laden episode of Saturday Night Live, Justin Timberlake — hosting SNL for the fifth time — was inducted into the "Five-Timer's Club" with the help of a few surprise guests, including Steve Martin and Tom Hanks. "In case you don't know, this is the most exclusive club in New York," Timberlake said in his opening monologue, before inviting the audience to join him on his inaugural visit to the Five-Timer's Club. Revealing how many of Timberlake's fellow Five-Timers show up to welcome him to the club would spoil the fun. But let's just say that Martin and Hanks are only the beginning:
Watch Tom Hanks' original induction into the Five-Timer's Club from a December 1990 episode of Saturday Night Live:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How Ronald Reagan turned America into a nation of children
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- The crusade against Iraq War supporters has forgotten someone: Hillary Clinton
- 8 things the world's most extraordinary survivors can teach you about resilience
- This week I learned the moon might be littered with dinosaur fossils, and more
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- 10 things you need to know today: August 1, 2014
Subscribe to the Week