On Saturday's nostalgia-laden episode of Saturday Night Live, Justin Timberlake — hosting SNL for the fifth time — was inducted into the "Five-Timer's Club" with the help of a few surprise guests, including Steve Martin and Tom Hanks. "In case you don't know, this is the most exclusive club in New York," Timberlake said in his opening monologue, before inviting the audience to join him on his inaugural visit to the Five-Timer's Club. Revealing how many of Timberlake's fellow Five-Timers show up to welcome him to the club would spoil the fun. But let's just say that Martin and Hanks are only the beginning:
Watch Tom Hanks' original induction into the Five-Timer's Club from a December 1990 episode of Saturday Night Live:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Chuck Hagel wasn't the problem. It's America's addiction to endless war.
Subscribe to the Week