On Thursday, Samsung is expected to publicly unveil its next flagship phone, the Galaxy SIV. We've already received plenty of clues regarding its hardware — and now we might finally have an idea of what the thing will look like. (Here's everything we know about the Galaxy SIV so far.)
A Chinese forum has published what are purportedly a fresh batch of photos of the "GT-I9502," which the original poster claims is a dual-SIM version of the Galaxy SIV for China Unicorn, the republic's state-owned mobile provider.
If these pictures are the real deal, the new phone wouldn't look much different from the Galaxy SIII, save for a slightly larger 5-inch screen that eats up most of the bezel. Its spec sheet above seems to reinforce a lot of what we've been hearing, including a quad-core 1.8GHz processor, 1080x1980 display, Android 4.2 Jelly Bean, and a 13-megapixel camera.
Still, this evidence is hardly conclusive, and it's worth noting that Samsung has been known to purposefully leak breadcrumbs to mislead the public before a product's official unveiling. Remember: Pre-launch, the Galaxy SIII was wrapped in fake casings, and carrier partners were left totally clueless until the final phone was unveiled.
And if the leaked shots above are nothing more than an elaborate ruse to deceive information-hungry Galaxy fans? Well, we should all tip our hats to Little Jeremy Maxwell for a job well done.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- Why America needs more billionaires
Subscribe to the Week