What's behind the decline in gun ownership?
The percentage of U.S. homes with a gun has been in steady decline over the past four decades
A Smith & Wesson .357 magnum revolver is displayed at the Los Angeles Gun Club.
Kevork Djansezian/Getty Images
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
Subscribe to the Week