What's behind the decline in gun ownership?
The percentage of U.S. homes with a gun has been in steady decline over the past four decades
A Smith & Wesson .357 magnum revolver is displayed at the Los Angeles Gun Club.
Kevork Djansezian/Getty Images
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- 10 things you need to know today: October 31, 2014
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- How ISIS sells women and children
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- The economics of Halloween: By the numbers
Subscribe to the Week