Obama miscalculated on taxes
"Obama thought he would be able to stare down Republicans over the sequester," says Politico. "He was wrong."
President Obama speaks during a visit to Newport News Shipbuilding on Feb. 26.
Alex Wong/Getty Images
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Even critics of the euro didn't see this coming
Paul Allen's 'bitter' Bill-Gates-bashing memoir
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why the West should accept ISIS as a sovereign nation
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The essential techniques that every home cook should know
Subscribe to the Week