March 14, 1967: The body of President John F. Kennedy was buried again — after being secretly moved while a permanent gravesite was constructed at Arlington National Cemetery. The second burial of JFK was attended in secret by his widow Jacqueline Kennedy, Senators Robert F. Kennedy and Edward M. Kennedy, and President Lyndon Johnson. Also buried: JFK's two children who died at birth.
Quote of the day
"Old age is like everything else. To make a success of it, you've got to start young." — Theodore Roosevelt
More from West Wing Reports...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
Subscribe to the Week