March 14, 1967: The body of President John F. Kennedy was buried again — after being secretly moved while a permanent gravesite was constructed at Arlington National Cemetery. The second burial of JFK was attended in secret by his widow Jacqueline Kennedy, Senators Robert F. Kennedy and Edward M. Kennedy, and President Lyndon Johnson. Also buried: JFK's two children who died at birth.
Quote of the day
"Old age is like everything else. To make a success of it, you've got to start young." — Theodore Roosevelt
More from West Wing Reports...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Deficit scolds are the most crazed ideologues in America
- A scientific fact-check of 2001: A Space Odyssey
- 7 language habits that reveal your age
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- The disturbing lessons of Arizona's un-American execution
Subscribe to the Week