March 14, 1967: The body of President John F. Kennedy was buried again — after being secretly moved while a permanent gravesite was constructed at Arlington National Cemetery. The second burial of JFK was attended in secret by his widow Jacqueline Kennedy, Senators Robert F. Kennedy and Edward M. Kennedy, and President Lyndon Johnson. Also buried: JFK's two children who died at birth.
Quote of the day
"Old age is like everything else. To make a success of it, you've got to start young." — Theodore Roosevelt
More from West Wing Reports...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- Why America won't have enough money to battle ISIS
Subscribe to the Week