March 14, 1967: The body of President John F. Kennedy was buried again — after being secretly moved while a permanent gravesite was constructed at Arlington National Cemetery. The second burial of JFK was attended in secret by his widow Jacqueline Kennedy, Senators Robert F. Kennedy and Edward M. Kennedy, and President Lyndon Johnson. Also buried: JFK's two children who died at birth.
Quote of the day
"Old age is like everything else. To make a success of it, you've got to start young." — Theodore Roosevelt
More from West Wing Reports...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Christians have no moral rationale for spanking their children
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
- 10 things you need to know today: September 23, 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- What is driving the increasingly weird behavior of the polar jet stream?
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
Subscribe to the Week