March 14, 1967: The body of President John F. Kennedy was buried again — after being secretly moved while a permanent gravesite was constructed at Arlington National Cemetery. The second burial of JFK was attended in secret by his widow Jacqueline Kennedy, Senators Robert F. Kennedy and Edward M. Kennedy, and President Lyndon Johnson. Also buried: JFK's two children who died at birth.
Quote of the day
"Old age is like everything else. To make a success of it, you've got to start young." — Theodore Roosevelt
More from West Wing Reports...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- After Ferguson, we don't need another dialogue on race
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- In defense of Obama's golfing
- The government is getting into the fact-checking business. Be very, very afraid.
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- How Hillary Clinton's 'smart power' turned Libya into a dumpster fire
Subscribe to the Week