Welcome to "What Next?", The Week's contest about current events.
Last week's question: New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg suffered a setback this week when a judge nixed the city's ban on oversized sodas just before it was to take effect. What's the next thing the government should ban, to turn the U.S. into a utopia?
THE WINNER: The email "Reply All" button
Jeff Haber, Seattle
SECOND PLACE: Marriage (of any type)
Joel Jacobs, Wantagh, N.Y.
THIRD PLACE: Everyone who disagrees with me
Mort Oakes, Dover, Pa.
Russell Frank, Gorham, Maine
Peggy O'Shaughnessey, Troy, Mich.
Reality TV shows
Janine Witte, New Hope, Pa.
Ken Kellam III, Dallas
Dacia Nickerson, Cranston, R.I.
Julianne Downing, Carmichael, Calif.
Brendan Leyden, Lomita, Calif.
Jason Tinney, Sierra Vista, Ariz.
All neologisms based on Watergate or Armageddon
Ann Martin, Bracknell, Berkshire, U.K.
Pizza with more then three toppings
Bob Peffers, San Antonio
Internet comment threads
David Daniel, Woodland Hills, Calif.
Coverage of Taylor Swift's love life
Stephanie Sarich, Minnetonka, Minn.
Helen Conlon, Brookfield, Wis.
Maggie Conlon, Brookfield, Wis.
Fern Kupfer, Ames, Iowa
Vampire love stories
Beth Simon, Oakland
Phone menu systems
Chris Wilson, Wayland, Mass.
The verbs "friend" and "unfriend"
Clark Koepke, Sykesville, Md.
Any driver's license with the name Lindsay Lohan
John Malatesta, New York
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 10 things you need to know today: October 21, 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Paul Krugman, Amazon, and the left's backwards view of book-industry titans
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
Subscribe to the Week