Why Iraq is important to American politics
For starters, without Iraq, there would be no President Barack Obama
U.S. troops invaded Iraq in March 2003. Since then, more than a trillion dollars has been spent, and 4,000 U.S troops lost.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- 10 things you need to know today: July 30, 2014
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Pay yourself first: The habit that can help you build wealth
- Sex can't explain the culture war
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
Subscribe to the Week