Why Iraq is important to American politics
For starters, without Iraq, there would be no President Barack Obama
U.S. troops invaded Iraq in March 2003. Since then, more than a trillion dollars has been spent, and 4,000 U.S troops lost.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How to live a long life, according to science
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The mysterious origins of the Jersey Devil
Subscribe to the Week