Why Iraq is important to American politics
For starters, without Iraq, there would be no President Barack Obama
U.S. troops invaded Iraq in March 2003. Since then, more than a trillion dollars has been spent, and 4,000 U.S troops lost.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
Subscribe to the Week