The scientific secrets of breast milk
What, exactly, is in breast milk that makes it so nutritious?
A lab technician at the Mothers' Milk Bank of New England in Newtonville, Mass., pours donated breast milk as it's prepped for pasteurization: Last year, the nation's largest milk bank group distributed 2.18 million ounces of breast milk.
AP Photo/Elise Amendola
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- The new bride who had a horrifying allergic reaction to her husband's sperm
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
5 surprising facts about left-handed people
Subscribe to the Week