The scientific secrets of breast milk
What, exactly, is in breast milk that makes it so nutritious?
A lab technician at the Mothers' Milk Bank of New England in Newtonville, Mass., pours donated breast milk as it's prepped for pasteurization: Last year, the nation's largest milk bank group distributed 2.18 million ounces of breast milk.
AP Photo/Elise Amendola
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Rise of the machines
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- It's time to kill school picture day
- Why you should absolutely watch this confounding, wonderful World Series
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
Subscribe to the Week