The scientific secrets of breast milk
What, exactly, is in breast milk that makes it so nutritious?
A lab technician at the Mothers' Milk Bank of New England in Newtonville, Mass., pours donated breast milk as it's prepped for pasteurization: Last year, the nation's largest milk bank group distributed 2.18 million ounces of breast milk.
AP Photo/Elise Amendola
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: October 1, 2014
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- Why America won't have enough money to battle ISIS
Subscribe to the Week