The scientific secrets of breast milk
What, exactly, is in breast milk that makes it so nutritious?
A lab technician at the Mothers' Milk Bank of New England in Newtonville, Mass., pours donated breast milk as it's prepped for pasteurization: Last year, the nation's largest milk bank group distributed 2.18 million ounces of breast milk.
AP Photo/Elise Amendola
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- How a degree from Duke University dashed my dreams of buying a home
- Half the world's population lives in these 6 countries
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- What Keeping Up with the Kardashians can teach America about interracial marriage
- Today in history: Lincoln reveals the real goal of the Civil War
- ISIS and the echoes of the West's religious terror
- The single best way to help your kid succeed at school
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
Subscribe to the Week