Welcome to "What Next?", The Week's contest about current events.
Last week’s contest: Former basketball star Dennis Rodman has appointed himself an unofficial U.S. ambassador, traveling to North Korea to meet leader Kim Jong Un and then to Rome to try to meet the new pope. Who would you choose instead to wander the world as a symbol of what America is all about?
THE WINNER: Ronald McDonald
Simone Butler, San Diego, Calif.
SECOND PLACE: Manti Te’o’s girlfriend
Gregory Pinto, Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
THIRD PLACE: A fleet of drones
David Pepper, Malibu, Calif.
Nick Vaci, Columbus, Ohio
Anyone but Dennis Rodman
Suellen Williams, Port Saint Lucie, Fla.
Luke Penny, McKinney, Texas
Tom Olmsted, Cadillac, Mich.
Paul Binder, Bellevue, Wash.
Joanne Sullivan, Maspeth, N.Y.
Snooki and JWoww
Alan Parven, Commerce Township, Mich.
Giles Stewart, Athens, Ga.
Anita P. Sayles, Asheville, N.C.
Alfred E. Neuman
Jean M. Dunn, Prescott Valley, Ariz.
Bill Adler, Montecito, Calif.
Merrel Wilkenfeld, Fort Mill, S.C.
The Pillsbury Doughboy
Tony Pribyl, Piedmont, Calif.
Carolyn Lima, Mattapoisett, Mass.
Jared from Subway
Jay Spero, Baltimore, Md.
Any girl I went to high school with, since they excelled at saying no
Charles Parry, Catonsville, Md.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- How Israel's hawks intimidated and silenced the last remnants of the anti-war left
- The real lesson of Rick Perry's mug shot
- Welcome to the age of ambivalent feminism
- Why China thinks it could defeat the U.S. in battle
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- What the 'death of the library' means for the future of books
- 10 things you need to know today: August 20, 2014
- What you need to know before you support the police in Ferguson
- How Republicans could win back Silicon Valley
Subscribe to the Week