Welcome to "What Next?", The Week's contest about current events.
Last week’s contest: Former basketball star Dennis Rodman has appointed himself an unofficial U.S. ambassador, traveling to North Korea to meet leader Kim Jong Un and then to Rome to try to meet the new pope. Who would you choose instead to wander the world as a symbol of what America is all about?
THE WINNER: Ronald McDonald
Simone Butler, San Diego, Calif.
SECOND PLACE: Manti Te’o’s girlfriend
Gregory Pinto, Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
THIRD PLACE: A fleet of drones
David Pepper, Malibu, Calif.
Nick Vaci, Columbus, Ohio
Anyone but Dennis Rodman
Suellen Williams, Port Saint Lucie, Fla.
Luke Penny, McKinney, Texas
Tom Olmsted, Cadillac, Mich.
Paul Binder, Bellevue, Wash.
Joanne Sullivan, Maspeth, N.Y.
Snooki and JWoww
Alan Parven, Commerce Township, Mich.
Giles Stewart, Athens, Ga.
Anita P. Sayles, Asheville, N.C.
Alfred E. Neuman
Jean M. Dunn, Prescott Valley, Ariz.
Bill Adler, Montecito, Calif.
Merrel Wilkenfeld, Fort Mill, S.C.
The Pillsbury Doughboy
Tony Pribyl, Piedmont, Calif.
Carolyn Lima, Mattapoisett, Mass.
Jared from Subway
Jay Spero, Baltimore, Md.
Any girl I went to high school with, since they excelled at saying no
Charles Parry, Catonsville, Md.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- 10 things you need to know today: September 22, 2014
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
- 7 common estate-planning mistakes
Subscribe to the Week