elcome to "What Next?", The Week's contest about current events.
Last week’s contest: Former basketball star Dennis Rodman has appointed himself an unofficial U.S. ambassador, traveling to North Korea to meet leader Kim Jong Un and then to Rome to try to meet the new pope. Who would you choose instead to wander the world as a symbol of what America is all about?
THE WINNER: Ronald McDonald
Simone Butler, San Diego, Calif.
SECOND PLACE: Manti Te’o’s girlfriend
Gregory Pinto, Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
THIRD PLACE: A fleet of drones
David Pepper, Malibu, Calif.
Nick Vaci, Columbus, Ohio
Anyone but Dennis Rodman
Suellen Williams, Port Saint Lucie, Fla.
Luke Penny, McKinney, Texas
Tom Olmsted, Cadillac, Mich.
Paul Binder, Bellevue, Wash.
Joanne Sullivan, Maspeth, N.Y.
Snooki and JWoww
Alan Parven, Commerce Township, Mich.
Giles Stewart, Athens, Ga.
Anita P. Sayles, Asheville, N.C.
Alfred E. Neuman
Jean M. Dunn, Prescott Valley, Ariz.
Bill Adler, Montecito, Calif.
Merrel Wilkenfeld, Fort Mill, S.C.
The Pillsbury Doughboy
Tony Pribyl, Piedmont, Calif.
Carolyn Lima, Mattapoisett, Mass.
Jared from Subway
Jay Spero, Baltimore, Md.
Any girl I went to high school with, since they excelled at saying no
Charles Parry, Catonsville, Md.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- 10 things you need to know today: April 20, 2014
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
Subscribe to the Week