elcome to "What Next?", The Week's contest about current events.
Last week’s contest: Former basketball star Dennis Rodman has appointed himself an unofficial U.S. ambassador, traveling to North Korea to meet leader Kim Jong Un and then to Rome to try to meet the new pope. Who would you choose instead to wander the world as a symbol of what America is all about?
THE WINNER: Ronald McDonald
Simone Butler, San Diego, Calif.
SECOND PLACE: Manti Te’o’s girlfriend
Gregory Pinto, Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
THIRD PLACE: A fleet of drones
David Pepper, Malibu, Calif.
Nick Vaci, Columbus, Ohio
Anyone but Dennis Rodman
Suellen Williams, Port Saint Lucie, Fla.
Luke Penny, McKinney, Texas
Tom Olmsted, Cadillac, Mich.
Paul Binder, Bellevue, Wash.
Joanne Sullivan, Maspeth, N.Y.
Snooki and JWoww
Alan Parven, Commerce Township, Mich.
Giles Stewart, Athens, Ga.
Anita P. Sayles, Asheville, N.C.
Alfred E. Neuman
Jean M. Dunn, Prescott Valley, Ariz.
Bill Adler, Montecito, Calif.
Merrel Wilkenfeld, Fort Mill, S.C.
The Pillsbury Doughboy
Tony Pribyl, Piedmont, Calif.
Carolyn Lima, Mattapoisett, Mass.
Jared from Subway
Jay Spero, Baltimore, Md.
Any girl I went to high school with, since they excelled at saying no
Charles Parry, Catonsville, Md.
- How to make people like you: 6 science-based conversation hacks
- A scientific argument for dressing a little nicer at work
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How John Boehner learned to stop worrying and hate the Tea Party
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' 'white Santa' claim
- A candid look at what went wrong with Mitt Romney's campaign
- How the budget deal could pave the way for immigration reform
- The Black Death is back
- Why a Mike Huckabee presidential run is Chris Christie's worst nightmare
- The Idina Menzel-Taye Diggs split, and 5 other break-ups that hurt us more than it hurt them
Subscribe to the Week