elcome to "What Next?", The Week's contest about current events.
Last week’s contest: Former basketball star Dennis Rodman has appointed himself an unofficial U.S. ambassador, traveling to North Korea to meet leader Kim Jong Un and then to Rome to try to meet the new pope. Who would you choose instead to wander the world as a symbol of what America is all about?
THE WINNER: Ronald McDonald
Simone Butler, San Diego, Calif.
SECOND PLACE: Manti Te’o’s girlfriend
Gregory Pinto, Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
THIRD PLACE: A fleet of drones
David Pepper, Malibu, Calif.
Nick Vaci, Columbus, Ohio
Anyone but Dennis Rodman
Suellen Williams, Port Saint Lucie, Fla.
Luke Penny, McKinney, Texas
Tom Olmsted, Cadillac, Mich.
Paul Binder, Bellevue, Wash.
Joanne Sullivan, Maspeth, N.Y.
Snooki and JWoww
Alan Parven, Commerce Township, Mich.
Giles Stewart, Athens, Ga.
Anita P. Sayles, Asheville, N.C.
Alfred E. Neuman
Jean M. Dunn, Prescott Valley, Ariz.
Bill Adler, Montecito, Calif.
Merrel Wilkenfeld, Fort Mill, S.C.
The Pillsbury Doughboy
Tony Pribyl, Piedmont, Calif.
Carolyn Lima, Mattapoisett, Mass.
Jared from Subway
Jay Spero, Baltimore, Md.
Any girl I went to high school with, since they excelled at saying no
Charles Parry, Catonsville, Md.
- 10 things you need to know today: December 9, 2013
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
- Watch SNL delightfully mess with all your childhood Christmas favorites
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- Did God have a wife?
- The emerging budget deal is a small victory for Republicans
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Here's how crazy-long German words are made
Subscribe to the Week