1. Kirsten Dunst thought kissing Brad Pitt was "disgusting"
When the average person imagines what it would be like to kiss Brad Pitt, "disgusting" probably isn't the first word that comes to mind. But that's exactly the word Interview With the Vampire costar Kirsten Dunst recently used. "Everyone at the time was like, 'You're so lucky you kissed Brad Pitt,' but I thought it was disgusting,'" said Dunst in a recent interview with Bullett Magazine. In Dunst's defense, she was only 11 years old when the on-screen smooch was filmed, so in retrospect we should all be disgusted.
2. Victoria Beckham is no longer a Spice Girl
If the long-simmering rumors of another Spice Girls reunion tour finally come to pass, one major flavor will reportedly be missing: Victoria Beckham, whose representative recently confirmed reports that Posh Spice is no longer on the rack. According to Gossip Cop, Beckham decided to give up on her singing career so she can focus on "a hugely successful business and a growing family," which she somehow deems more interesting than singing the same warmed-over hits she first performed more than a decade ago. Gossip Cop adds that there are currently "unconfirmed reports" that the group will fill Beckham's slot by hosting a reality show to select her replacement. Interested parties should start planning their pseudonym now, before they end up saddled with a moniker like Understudy Spice.
3. Shia LaBeouf attended the first performance of that play he quit
Over the past couple years, Shia LaBeouf has seemingly been on a mission to prove he's a "serious actor" by being as immature and unserious as possible — but there's a chance the mercurial actor has finally turned a new leaf. On Tuesday, LaBeouf and his enormous, bushy beard attended the first preview performance of Orphans, the Broadway play he quit in the most public, angry, and self-important way imaginable last month. According to The Hollywood Reporter, LaBeouf was "effusive in his applause, at one point slamming the stage with his hand," though it remains possible he was just trying to make it collapse.
4. Anne Hathaway is annoyed at James Franco for hating
Earlier this week, James Franco told Howard Stern that he understands why so many people think "it's just fun to sort of hate" his former Oscar cohost Anne Hathaway. And as one might expect, Hathaway is none too pleased. "As far as she's concerned, James pulled an unprofessional move by talking about her during the interview with Howard Stern," says a source at Radar Online, adding that Hathaway "is intensely private." Which means A-list Hollywood actress was probably a poor choice of profession, but we won't split hairs.
5. Rob Lowe got to wear a jetpack, and you didn't
Despite the lack of privacy, there are some perks to being a celebrity — like the occasional use of advanced propulsion (read: super fun) technology. According to People, while most of us were working our desk jobs, Parks & Recreation star Rob Lowe spent a day rocketing around Newport Beach wearing a Jetlev water-propelled jetpack. The jetpack reportedly costs $68,500, so envious fans should probably start saving now — or get their own job costarring on a network sitcom. It can't be that hard, right?
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
- Why we need a maximum wage
- Why Mindy Kaling — not Lena Dunham — is the body positive icon of the moment
Subscribe to the Week