There was a time when President Obama's basketball prowess was a source of adulation for both the press and his fans. (Remember that time he hit a three?) But the baller-in-chief has gotten a little rusty — as evidenced by his abysmal 2-for-22 performance at the White House Easter Egg Roll this weekend.
Obama could not buy a bucket. According to the White House pool report, his shoot-around went like this: "Miss. Miss. Off the rim. Miss. Miss. Off the rim. Airball."
And for good measure, he bricked a lay-up, which we didn't even think was possible.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- The worrying rise of the anti-vaccination movement
- Can Rand Paul avoid the Neville Chamberlain trap?
- To build the Death Star, we'll need this space elevator
Subscribe to the Week