There was a time when President Obama's basketball prowess was a source of adulation for both the press and his fans. (Remember that time he hit a three?) But the baller-in-chief has gotten a little rusty — as evidenced by his abysmal 2-for-22 performance at the White House Easter Egg Roll this weekend.
Obama could not buy a bucket. According to the White House pool report, his shoot-around went like this: "Miss. Miss. Off the rim. Miss. Miss. Off the rim. Airball."
And for good measure, he bricked a lay-up, which we didn't even think was possible.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How a drafting error could doom Obama's carbon regulations
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Sex can't explain the culture war
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- This simple hack for slicing cherry tomatoes will astound you
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
Subscribe to the Week