The cold days of winter are finally over, and spring is upon us! Soon enough, the plants that have gone into hiding will grace us with their green leaves, but not without a little help from Mother Nature. We all know what springtime means: Lots and lots of rain. And with that rain comes umbrellas. So let's embrace the wet season with this colorful medley of umbrellas from around the world:
Jammu, India (REUTERS/Mukesh Gupta)
Jerusalem, Israel (REUTERS/Baz Ratner)
Durban, South Africa (AP Photo/Rebecca Blackwell)
London, England (Daniel Berehulak/Getty Images)
Anuradhapura, Sri Lanka (AP Photo/Eranga Jayawardena)
Denver, Colorado (Doug Pensinger/Getty Images)
Naples, Italy (REUTERS/Alessandro Bianchi)
Serang, Indonesia (REUTERS/Beawiharta)
San Diego, California (AP Photo/Gregory Bull)
Munich, Germany (Alexandra Beier/Getty Images)
Islamabad, Pakistan (AP Photo/Muhammed Muheisen)
London, England (Dan Kitwood/Getty Images)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- Keira Knightley on Laggies, relationships, and surviving your 20s
- How did Rick Perry escape blame for the Texas Ebola outbreak?
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- This week I learned the surprisingly dark origins of the Nobel Prize, and more
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
Subscribe to the Week