he cold days of winter are finally over, and spring is upon us! Soon enough, the plants that have gone into hiding will grace us with their green leaves, but not without a little help from Mother Nature. We all know what springtime means: Lots and lots of rain. And with that rain comes umbrellas. So let's embrace the wet season with this colorful medley of umbrellas from around the world:
Jammu, India (REUTERS/Mukesh Gupta)
Jerusalem, Israel (REUTERS/Baz Ratner)
Durban, South Africa (AP Photo/Rebecca Blackwell)
London, England (Daniel Berehulak/Getty Images)
Anuradhapura, Sri Lanka (AP Photo/Eranga Jayawardena)
Denver, Colorado (Doug Pensinger/Getty Images)
Naples, Italy (REUTERS/Alessandro Bianchi)
Serang, Indonesia (REUTERS/Beawiharta)
San Diego, California (AP Photo/Gregory Bull)
Munich, Germany (Alexandra Beier/Getty Images)
Islamabad, Pakistan (AP Photo/Muhammed Muheisen)
London, England (Dan Kitwood/Getty Images)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 10 things you need to know today: March 10, 2014
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- The GOP must try to win over African-Americans
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
Subscribe to the Week