How the NRA can kill gun-control laws that 90 percent of Americans want
The 10 percent has astounding power in government
A man grips a gun at an NRA meeting last year: The gun lobby recently spurned Obama's invitation Tuesday to join a gun-control debate at the White House.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The culture war finally comes to the Catholic Church
- Feast your eyes on this beautiful linguistic family tree
- Israel's quiet doomsday submarines are almost ready
Subscribe to the Week