How the NRA can kill gun-control laws that 90 percent of Americans want
The 10 percent has astounding power in government
A man grips a gun at an NRA meeting last year: The gun lobby recently spurned Obama's invitation Tuesday to join a gun-control debate at the White House.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- Sex can't explain the culture war
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
- How a drafting error could doom Obama's carbon regulations
- This simple hack for slicing cherry tomatoes will astound you
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
Subscribe to the Week