At least 14 people were wounded in an apparently random stabbing attack at Lone Star College in Cypress, Texas, on Tuesday. Officials say that at least 12 people were sent to local hospitals, four of whom were taken by helicopter in critical condition.
The attack began around 11:20 a.m. local time, when the suspect reportedly ran from building to building wielding a sharp object similar to an X-Acto knife. The suspect has since been identified as a 21-year-old male student at the school.
Just this January, two people were shot on Lone Star College's North Harris campus, although the attacks appear to be unrelated.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Comic-Con 2014: Everything we learned about Avengers 2, Batman v. Superman, and more
- The forgotten victims of the war in Ukraine
- How to trim $500 from your monthly spending
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week