At least 14 people were wounded in an apparently random stabbing attack at Lone Star College in Cypress, Texas, on Tuesday. Officials say that at least 12 people were sent to local hospitals, four of whom were taken by helicopter in critical condition.
The attack began around 11:20 a.m. local time, when the suspect reportedly ran from building to building wielding a sharp object similar to an X-Acto knife. The suspect has since been identified as a 21-year-old male student at the school.
Just this January, two people were shot on Lone Star College's North Harris campus, although the attacks appear to be unrelated.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Surviving a plane crash
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi: The man who would be caliph
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- When men who abstain from pre-marital sex get married
- Confessions of a hotel insider
- Ted Cruz and the most cynical, despicable political stunt of the year
Subscribe to the Week