t least 14 people were wounded in an apparently random stabbing attack at Lone Star College in Cypress, Texas, on Tuesday. Officials say that at least 12 people were sent to local hospitals, four of whom were taken by helicopter in critical condition.
The attack began around 11:20 a.m. local time, when the suspect reportedly ran from building to building wielding a sharp object similar to an X-Acto knife. The suspect has since been identified as a 21-year-old male student at the school.
Just this January, two people were shot on Lone Star College's North Harris campus, although the attacks appear to be unrelated.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- The case for killing law school
- Aereo at the Supreme Court: No matter what, broadcasters lose
- Mad Men recap: 'A Day's Work'
- Putin's risky bet in eastern Ukraine
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The Democrats have a mega-donor problem
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 10 things you need to know today: April 21, 2014
Subscribe to the Week