At least 14 people were wounded in an apparently random stabbing attack at Lone Star College in Cypress, Texas, on Tuesday. Officials say that at least 12 people were sent to local hospitals, four of whom were taken by helicopter in critical condition.
The attack began around 11:20 a.m. local time, when the suspect reportedly ran from building to building wielding a sharp object similar to an X-Acto knife. The suspect has since been identified as a 21-year-old male student at the school.
Just this January, two people were shot on Lone Star College's North Harris campus, although the attacks appear to be unrelated.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: October 25, 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How Scott Brown is executing the perfect GOP Senate campaign
- Why the government should pay every American child an allowance
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
Subscribe to the Week