t least 14 people were wounded in an apparently random stabbing attack at Lone Star College in Cypress, Texas, on Tuesday. Officials say that at least 12 people were sent to local hospitals, four of whom were taken by helicopter in critical condition.
The attack began around 11:20 a.m. local time, when the suspect reportedly ran from building to building wielding a sharp object similar to an X-Acto knife. The suspect has since been identified as a 21-year-old male student at the school.
Just this January, two people were shot on Lone Star College's North Harris campus, although the attacks appear to be unrelated.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- Why are so many elderly Asians killing themselves?
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- Here's how Iran is covering Russia's invasion of Crimea
- Bill O'Reilly: Obama's comedy is unpresidential, because Abe Lincoln
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 4 easy ways to resolve life's toughest questions
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
Subscribe to the Week