3 reasons why a guard might help a prisoner escape from jail
Sometimes the motivating factor is romance
Death row inmates at San Quentin exercise in confined outdoor cells: The California prison is home to the nation's largest death row.
Penni Gladstone/San Francisco Chronicle/Corbis
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- How I lost all my money
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- How Wall Street is chipping away at reform
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
Subscribe to the Week