Warning: Potentially graphic content
Two consecutive explosions rocked competitors and bystanders near the finish line of the Boston Marathon on Monday, reportedly leaving dozens injured. The explosions apparently occurred in Boylston Street near the stands, shattering the windows of nearby buildings.
Update 1: ABC News reports that Boston police are warning people to avoid trashcans. Massachusetts General hospital has received four patients and is expecting more.
Update 2: Follow along with live tweets, updates, and pictures from the ground here.
Update 3: We are apparently experiencing trouble with a few of the livestreams. NBC News' appears to be steady. Watch it here.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
Subscribe to the Week