One suspect in the Boston Marathon bombing is in custody, wounded, and another is on the loose in Watertown, Mass., according to The Boston Globe. The events in Watertown started with the fatal shooting of an MIT police officer in Cambridge, a carjacking followed by a car chase into Watertown (about 4 miles away), then a huge firefight in which the suspects reportedly lobbed explosives at police. This amateur video of the firefight in Watertown was uploaded to YouTube.
Reuters is providing live updates.
UPDATE (4:30 ET): Police say the "dark hat" suspect was pronounced dead on arrival at the hospital. This is Boston Police Commissioner Edward Davis:
One suspect dead. One at large. Armed and dangerous. White hat suspect at large.— Edward Davis (@EdDavis3) April 19, 2013
Here's context for the video above, from CBS News:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- Hey, Paul Ryan's new poverty plan isn't completely terrible!
- The secret to Gabrielle Hamilton's amazing grilled cheese sandwiches
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Deficit scolds are the most crazed ideologues in America
- The disturbing lessons of Arizona's un-American execution
- 7 language habits that reveal your age
Subscribe to the Week