1. Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez are allegedly hooking up again
For anyone who thought the endless cycle of Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez's on-again/off-again relationship was finally off for good: Think again. According to Entertainmentwise, Bieber taunted Beliebers with an Instagram picture showing him cuddling with Gomez in Norway, before being struck with a rare case of good judgment and deleting the picture — but not before the pop star's obsessive legions of followers managed to snag a screengrab. The report adds that Gomez "doesn't want anything serious" with Bieber, so.... we may be off-again soon enough.
2. Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries are finally getting divorced, for real
Alas, just when we thought it would last forever, the Kim Kardashian/Kris Humphries divorce — which lasted more than a year longer than their 72-day marriage — has officially come to an end. According to The Guardian, the former lovers have agreed to a settlement that will end their marriage as early as June. The judge reportedly asked Kardashian if there was any way the marriage could be saved, prompting Kardashian to reply, "No, your honor" — presumably because "clearly you've never read a tabloid in your life" is a violation of courtroom decorum.
3. Jennifer Lawrence got a haircut
In this 24-hour news cycle, anything this year's Best Actress winner Jennifer Lawrence does is a big deal — so her latest haircut, which chops her tresses down by several inches, is the gossip equivalent of an all-caps breaking news update. "How cute does she look?!" asks MTV News — rhetorically, we presume, since the answer is obviously "pretty cute." Keep an eye on the news for the next time Lawrence does something important, like eating an ice cream cone or cutting her nails.
4. NBC decides that America isn't Ready For Love
Bad news for all you lonely hearts out there: After just two episodes, NBC has decided that America isn't ready for the dating reality series Ready For Love after all, pulling the show from its schedule immediately due to low ratings. The Hollywood Reporter says that NBC hasn't announced whether the remaining episodes, which have already been taped, will ever air, leaving the disturbing possibility that Ready For Love fans will be forced to watch one of the other 800 dating series currently on the air.
5. The Backstreet Boys are celebrating their 20th anniversary
Everybodayyyyyyyyy: The Backstreet Boys are celebrating their 20th anniversary as a band this week, commemorating the milestone by previewing some of their new material in Los Angeles on Saturday. Band member Brian Littrell told Entertainment Weekly that when listening to the new album, he hopes that band's original fans still "have that personal connection [with us] and remember when they were 10, 13, or 18 and listen to the album from start to finish." In related news: You are old.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- Pope Francis' American problem
- For the last time: Congress is not exempt from ObamaCare
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
- 12 holiday gifts for the hardest-to-shop-for people on your list
Subscribe to the Week