t's 10 p.m. on a Friday night. Your stomach emits a low rumble, but you're elbow-deep in Bioshock Infinite and you'd rather not leave the warm imprint you've carved out on the couch. Your Seamless-equipped iPhone is charging in another room. Too far. The fridge? Good luck whipping something up with Sriracha and baking soda. You wonder: If only there were a way to order pizza through my TV. Behold:
The official Pizza Hut app for Xbox Live. The international gatekeeper of weird pies is partnering with Microsoft's Xbox team to develop a first-of-its kind app that lets you customize a pizza onscreen using the 360's controller, Kinect motions, or voice commands. Your cheesy design gets delivered to your doorstep soon thereafter.
"We're always looking at ways to give our audience more of what they're interested in," he said. "If you look at our audience, they love pizza. I mean, who doesn't? It has international appeal, and Pizza Hut is a recognized brand that matches up well with the Xbox brand." [Polygon]
Imagine: A Jedi-like wave of your hand. Pepperoni. No wait. Another wave. Sausage. Or, perhaps you'd rather bark a throaty voice command: Breadsticks. The official Pizza Hut app will go live April 23, and Xbox users will get 15 percent off their first purchase through May 6.
The future is here, folks. And it's glorious.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Attack of the invasive species
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Lessons from Lincoln: 5 leadership tips history and science agree on
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
Subscribe to the Week