On Thursday, former President George W. Bush formally inaugurated his presidential library, at Southern Methodist University in Dallas. And it was a veritable political love-fest, with all five living presidents and their wives playing nice — even Jimmy Carter finding something nice to say about the 43rd president.
Things were a little more turbulent on the internet, naturally, with commentators vigorously debating Bush's intelligence and ranking him among the best (or worst) presidents. At Comedy Central, The Daily Show celebrated the Bush Library as only The Daily Show can. In the video above, Jon Stewart rebrands the library "the Hard Rock Café of catastrophic policy decisions." Below, correspondent Al Madrigal gives his report on the library and its innovative choose-your-own-adventure section. Watch:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- How to make corn dogs
Subscribe to the Week