On Thursday, former President George W. Bush formally inaugurated his presidential library, at Southern Methodist University in Dallas. And it was a veritable political love-fest, with all five living presidents and their wives playing nice — even Jimmy Carter finding something nice to say about the 43rd president.
Things were a little more turbulent on the internet, naturally, with commentators vigorously debating Bush's intelligence and ranking him among the best (or worst) presidents. At Comedy Central, The Daily Show celebrated the Bush Library as only The Daily Show can. In the video above, Jon Stewart rebrands the library "the Hard Rock Café of catastrophic policy decisions." Below, correspondent Al Madrigal gives his report on the library and its innovative choose-your-own-adventure section. Watch:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
Subscribe to the Week