On Thursday, former President George W. Bush formally inaugurated his presidential library, at Southern Methodist University in Dallas. And it was a veritable political love-fest, with all five living presidents and their wives playing nice — even Jimmy Carter finding something nice to say about the 43rd president.
Things were a little more turbulent on the internet, naturally, with commentators vigorously debating Bush's intelligence and ranking him among the best (or worst) presidents. At Comedy Central, The Daily Show celebrated the Bush Library as only The Daily Show can. In the video above, Jon Stewart rebrands the library "the Hard Rock Café of catastrophic policy decisions." Below, correspondent Al Madrigal gives his report on the library and its innovative choose-your-own-adventure section. Watch:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
Subscribe to the Week