On Thursday, former President George W. Bush formally inaugurated his presidential library, at Southern Methodist University in Dallas. And it was a veritable political love-fest, with all five living presidents and their wives playing nice — even Jimmy Carter finding something nice to say about the 43rd president.
Things were a little more turbulent on the internet, naturally, with commentators vigorously debating Bush's intelligence and ranking him among the best (or worst) presidents. At Comedy Central, The Daily Show celebrated the Bush Library as only The Daily Show can. In the video above, Jon Stewart rebrands the library "the Hard Rock Café of catastrophic policy decisions." Below, correspondent Al Madrigal gives his report on the library and its innovative choose-your-own-adventure section. Watch:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 10 things you need to know today: August 22, 2014
- Don't listen to Paul Ryan: The GOP is still the party of makers and takers
- 7 of the scariest spiders in existence
- ISIS and the echoes of the West's religious terror
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- The single best way to help your kid succeed at school
- What's wrong with Europe’s economy?
Subscribe to the Week