On Thursday, former President George W. Bush formally inaugurated his presidential library, at Southern Methodist University in Dallas. And it was a veritable political love-fest, with all five living presidents and their wives playing nice — even Jimmy Carter finding something nice to say about the 43rd president.
Things were a little more turbulent on the internet, naturally, with commentators vigorously debating Bush's intelligence and ranking him among the best (or worst) presidents. At Comedy Central, The Daily Show celebrated the Bush Library as only The Daily Show can. In the video above, Jon Stewart rebrands the library "the Hard Rock Café of catastrophic policy decisions." Below, correspondent Al Madrigal gives his report on the library and its innovative choose-your-own-adventure section. Watch:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- A gay Mormon's complicated journey
- The forgotten victims of the war in Ukraine
- 10 things you need to know today: July 28, 2014
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Are there too many good shows on television?
Subscribe to the Week