The speech Bill Clinton never gave
The Oklahoma City bombing prevented him from giving a funny speech at the 1995 White House Correspondents Dinner. But you can still read the transcript
Bill Clinton delivers the closing remarks at the International AIDS Conference in Washington, D.C., in July: On Wednesday night, he'll star at the Democratic National Convention in Charlotte.
Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Ban PowerPoint!
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- 16 characters from other languages that make great emoticons
Subscribe to the Week