The speech Bill Clinton never gave
The Oklahoma City bombing prevented him from giving a funny speech at the 1995 White House Correspondents Dinner. But you can still read the transcript
Bill Clinton delivers the closing remarks at the International AIDS Conference in Washington, D.C., in July: On Wednesday night, he'll star at the Democratic National Convention in Charlotte.
Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
Subscribe to the Week