Texas Governor Rick Perry (R) really likes guns. He made that clear during his brief run at the Republican presidential nomination, and again in the wake of the Newton, Conn., shooting when he accused the "political left" of trying to politicize the tragedy.
But in case there was any doubt, Perry has made that point even more clear with this explosive video that prefaced his speech Friday to the NRA's annual gathering in Houston, Texas. In the video, Perry blows away a row of stationary targets with a semi-automatic assault rifle and then, a chugging guitar riff blaring behind him, strikes an action hero-like pose for the camera.
As the video ended, Perry took the stage, shouting, "Welcome to Texas, ladies and gentlemen."
If you want to see more of Texas' well-armed governor, check out this video, put together by one of his supporters:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- 10 things you need to know today: October 25, 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How Scott Brown is executing the perfect GOP Senate campaign
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
Subscribe to the Week