Texas Governor Rick Perry (R) really likes guns. He made that clear during his brief run at the Republican presidential nomination, and again in the wake of the Newton, Conn., shooting when he accused the "political left" of trying to politicize the tragedy.
But in case there was any doubt, Perry has made that point even more clear with this explosive video that prefaced his speech Friday to the NRA's annual gathering in Houston, Texas. In the video, Perry blows away a row of stationary targets with a semi-automatic assault rifle and then, a chugging guitar riff blaring behind him, strikes an action hero-like pose for the camera.
As the video ended, Perry took the stage, shouting, "Welcome to Texas, ladies and gentlemen."
If you want to see more of Texas' well-armed governor, check out this video, put together by one of his supporters:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 10 things you need to know today: September 17, 2014
Subscribe to the Week