Texas Governor Rick Perry (R) really likes guns. He made that clear during his brief run at the Republican presidential nomination, and again in the wake of the Newton, Conn., shooting when he accused the "political left" of trying to politicize the tragedy.
But in case there was any doubt, Perry has made that point even more clear with this explosive video that prefaced his speech Friday to the NRA's annual gathering in Houston, Texas. In the video, Perry blows away a row of stationary targets with a semi-automatic assault rifle and then, a chugging guitar riff blaring behind him, strikes an action hero-like pose for the camera.
As the video ended, Perry took the stage, shouting, "Welcome to Texas, ladies and gentlemen."
If you want to see more of Texas' well-armed governor, check out this video, put together by one of his supporters:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- The amazing resurrection of Mitt Romney
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- 4 strategies for organizing your money, based on your personality
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- The essential techniques that every home cook should know
Subscribe to the Week