Texas Governor Rick Perry (R) really likes guns. He made that clear during his brief run at the Republican presidential nomination, and again in the wake of the Newton, Conn., shooting when he accused the "political left" of trying to politicize the tragedy.
But in case there was any doubt, Perry has made that point even more clear with this explosive video that prefaced his speech Friday to the NRA's annual gathering in Houston, Texas. In the video, Perry blows away a row of stationary targets with a semi-automatic assault rifle and then, a chugging guitar riff blaring behind him, strikes an action hero-like pose for the camera.
As the video ended, Perry took the stage, shouting, "Welcome to Texas, ladies and gentlemen."
If you want to see more of Texas' well-armed governor, check out this video, put together by one of his supporters:
- 10 things you need to know today: December 5, 2013
- Watch The Daily Show definitively prove that corporations are not people
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Mexico's unluckiest thieves stole enough radioactive waste to make a dirty bomb
- Australia just scrapped its debt ceiling. America should, too.
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- The indignity of canine bath time
- Why income inequality has become the Democratic Party's top issue
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
Subscribe to the Week